By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Game Would Make You Buy an NX at Launch?

A new full blown 3D Mario title or mainline Zelda would be biggest draws for me.

After how quickly the launch window lineup of the Wii U fell apart though, not sure even that would make me get one at launch now.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Hmm

A new Kirby platformer, a new or remade Fire Emblem, a new Retro game, a new Kid Icarus, a new Zelda, a new Smash Bros, a new Bayonetta, a new Shin Megami Tensei spin off title or main game, a new No More Heroes, a new Fighting game from Capcom or SNK(P) or Arc Systems (That doesn't suck), a new Metriod, a new F-Zero, a new Sin and Punishment game and/or a remake of one of the Mother/Earthbound games.

Edit: Also a new Mega Man X/Legend game or remake.

Luke888 said:
V-r0cK said:
An amazing third party exclusive.

If Nintendo still ends up releasing just the same typical Nintendo games and getting very little support like their past systems then Wii U will likely be my last Nintendo system I own.

Bayonetta 2 is an amazing third part exclusive JS. Hope Nintendo buys the rights to the IP :v

Actually Bayonetta 2 was my main reason for buying the Wii U, but sadly that was the only third party game I was excited fo on the Wii U.

In fact, I take back what I said and it'll take more than an amazing third party exclusive for me to purchase an NX at launch.  With Nintendo's history I'll wait a few years after NX launch and see what types of games are being/have been released and if it's still the similar trend to as it was for the Wii U then forget it.  I will no longer purchase a system just for a single game/franchise.

Zappykins said:
XanderXT said:

I want to speak whale!

Maybe we could all learn!

Lets watch videos!

XanderXT said:

Lets watch videos!

Oh, it was supposed to start at 1:02.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Scisca said:

Nah. Nintendo can limit this by giving the NX a HDMI port that doesn't support such resolutions ;)

But honestly, this is all I want. Ninty, give us a console with a normal architecture, more powerful than the competition that's already 2 years old, add Wii/Wii U BC with WiiMote and GamePad compatibility, but a regular Pad being the standard controller and you have a deal.

And if you really want games that I'm interested in - Metroid Prime and a 2D one, SMG3, the new Zelda and jRPGs like Xenoblade.

You're setting yourself up for major disappointment if you still think, after two patents implying the NX will have a gamepad with a screen, that the NX won't have a gamepad with a screen.

The NX will have a gamepad with a screen, and it will be the standard controller.

I don't mind the GamePad. I think off-TV play is awesome and what NX to support it, cause I know I'd use it very often. The only reason why I think a regular pad would be a better choice is the general audience and price. I'd get one with a screen even as an optional accessory.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:

I don't mind the GamePad. I think off-TV play is awesome and what NX to support it, cause I know I'd use it very often. The only reason why I think a regular pad would be a better choice is the general audience and price. I'd get one with a screen even as an optional accessory.

I think that a lot of that can be improved with a smaller gamepad with a more traditional controller form factor. It would be cheaper and less alienating. Vita sized and shaped like the pro controller.

The new Zelda with better visuals than the wii u and a new mario galaxy 3 and Im sold.

Add a real animal crossing game, pikmin 4 without time limit and something in the rpg genre (like dragon quest XI) and I would buy the hell out of it xD

Zelda, even if it's cross-gen. I'd get both versions, but I'd play the NX version first probably, just like I played TP on Wii first and eventually played the GC version.

Other than that, a true 3D Mario game, or a true Paper Mario game (like the first 2). Basically, for me I need some major single-player experience at launch to make it worth it for me. Multiplayer-focused games (other than maybe Splatoon 2) won't be enough to justify a launch purchase, nor will lazy 2D platformers (I'm looking at you, NSMB series).

I regret buying the Wii U at launch and having nothing amazing to play for the first 10 months (I did enjoy Lego City a few months after launch), unlike Wii where I got Twilight Princess at launch. I waited for OoT3D for 3DS and was glad I did.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

I can't remember if I already replied to this thread, so why not do it again?

Golden Sun, Metroid (2D or 3D) or Startropics reboot. Any of those and it'd be insta-buy.

It'll be awhile before I figure out how to do one of these. :P