By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Game Would Make You Buy an NX at Launch?

Earthbound remake

lol

Around the Network

I will buy the NX if:

- Nintendo guarantees that I'll be able to play Wii U games on it - preferably with GamePad being an optional accessory mandatory for Wii U games and working as off-TV screen for NX games (they should revise the Pad with a 1080p screen)
- It offers all 3rd party multiplats at 1080p/60fps, thus being more powerful than the PS4
- Price is competitive with the PS4

I don't care about Nintendo launch games. Nintendo games will come and will be great - I have no worries about that. What I need is quality full 3rd party support and ability to play those +/- 10 gems from Wii U. Off-TV is dope as well.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

An excellent and clearly fully exclusive JRPG.

Metroid :|

Tachikoma said:
Nothing, 8th gen is my last

why? moving towards PC gaming?

Around the Network

Dark Souls 3 or 4

Scisca said:
I will buy the NX if:

- Nintendo guarantees that I'll be able to play Wii U games on it - preferably with GamePad being an optional accessory mandatory for Wii U games and working as off-TV screen for NX games (they should revise the Pad with a 1080p screen)
- It offers all 3rd party multiplats at 1080p/60fps, thus being more powerful than the PS4

I don't care about Nintendo launch games. Nintendo games will come and will be great - I have no worries about that. What I need is quality full 3rd party support and ability to play those +/- 10 gems from Wii U. Off-TV is dope as well.

There is no possible world where that would ever happen. Like even on hardware significantly more powerful than the PS4.

Because that would require devs to actually prioritize gameplay over visual flair. If a game can run at 1080p 60fps, they'll make damn sure it runs at 1440p 20fps instead.

Metroid. Starring... Captain Falcon!

spemanig said:
Scisca said:
I will buy the NX if:

There is no possible world where that would ever happen. Like even on hardware significantly more powerful than the PS4.

Because that would require devs to actually prioritize gameplay over visual flair. If a game can run at 1080p 60fps, they'll make damn sure it runs at 1440p 20fps instead.

Nah. Nintendo can limit this by giving the NX a HDMI port that doesn't support such resolutions ;)

But honestly, this is all I want. Ninty, give us a console with a normal architecture, more powerful than the competition that's already 2 years old, add Wii/Wii U BC with WiiMote and GamePad compatibility, but a regular Pad being the standard controller and you have a deal.

And if you really want games that I'm interested in - Metroid Prime and a 2D one, SMG3, the new Zelda and jRPGs like Xenoblade.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

An amazing third party exclusive.

If Nintendo still ends up releasing just the same typical Nintendo games and getting very little support like their past systems then Wii U will likely be my last Nintendo system I own.