By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Game Would Make You Buy an NX at Launch?

I'm always excited for new hardware so i'd get it regardless, i got a wii u on launch day when the only good exclusive was New super mario bros U.

Around the Network

All it needs is the word "Nintendo" on the box. I know it is the only place to go to get good in house multiplayer couch co-op games and that is all I need.

Not even sure, the system has to make sense as a gaming device first (no B.S. like the Wii U or XB1)... I mean, it has to pack more punch than the PS4, otherwise it makes no sense to buy this when we already have the Wii U with an existing games library that is not bad, just not complete enough... if it's comparable to the XB1 in therms of power it will have the same problems MS has right now in validating the existence of their product to the majority of the market place.

I have to know there will be good third party support for it — as much as I respect Nintendo as a developer/publisher, they have not been my favorite for at least 25 years now... so the console needs more diversity in its library!

Unchrted 4 or The Last of Us 2 would be instabuy!

The smart consumers will buy the console based on the console strengths. There are always some good games on all consoles, and good consoles that will have strong adoption are guaranteed to have continued stream of good software support.

Beyond being a good console, one must also consider competitive benefits. Is there something about this console that makes it better than the other options? Would you play a multi-plat game on this over the other consoles you might have? Why?

Does it offer value aside from gaming (Netflix, Spotify, DLNA, etc)? Can it do something simple like play a DVD or Blu-Ray? Does it have other system level features you care about (Party Chat, MiiVerse, etc)? Is it worth the peripheral slot that it would use up connecting to your TV. What does it replace? Do you still need what it replaces because it lacks BC etc? Is the price competitive?

The exclusives don't really mean as much as some gamers think they do, otherwise we would have more multi-platform gamers and less console fanboy elitism. That mindset comes from having picked one out of multiple choices and wanting it to be dominant and best supported with not one care for anything that isn't on that chosen console.

Call of Duty: Kill the ISIS!

Around the Network

A Pokemon Game with gameplay similar to those of handhelds however partially online, Splatoon 2, Mario Galaxy 3 and sure a Zelda Title xD

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
RolStoppable said:
Considering that I didn't buy a Wii U at launch despite a 2D Mario game, my answer has to be that I'll buy NX at launch as long as it isn't a piece of trash, because the games to make the system worth it will eventually be released anyway.

Tell that to Wii U fans waiting for a Metroid, Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, FZero, etc.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

i'll wait at least for the first price cut. the library of games will be much better after six months anyways.

XanderXT said:
MotherBound said:
XanderXT said:
MotherBound said:
Mother 3.

Even if it were just a straight port?

Yep.

In Japanese?

No, English

Currently most hyped for: FFXV and Zelda U

Areal-Llort said:
- Mario Kart
- Smash Bros
- Splatoon
- Pikmin
- StarFox
- Pokemon RPG

I'm pretty sure none of those won't happen at launch.