By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pikmin 4 in development and "very close to completion"

Metallox said:
Soundwave said:
I'm not really even sure if Pikmin 3 has sold a million. Probably overtracked here, because Nintendo lists all million sellers in their financial reports, and Pikmin 3 hasn't been listed there, which is a tell tale sign that they shipped fewer than 1 million copies.

I thought only games that made a million in a fiscal quarter made the list.

Pretty sure they list life time sales. 

Around the Network

I wouldn't be so sure about it being on Wii U, at least, not exclusive to Wii U. Something tells me this and Zelda will be cross gen to give Wii U owners there last gems on the system and to help the NX get off to a strong launch.

PAOerfulone said:
I wouldn't be so sure about it being on Wii U, at least, not exclusive to Wii U. Something tells me this and Zelda will be cross gen to give Wii U owners there last gems on the system and to help the NX get off to a strong launch.

Since it was 'nearly completion" in July, I'd say it could release early-mid 2016. It could be for Wii U, but a port for the next machine could be obvious.

It's highly unlikely is for 3DS or the next handheld though.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I loved the 3rd. If there´s a 4th it´s day one purchase to me.

Yeah I can agree that making it for the 3DS wouldn't make any sense.
Considering the facts that
a) The 3DS doesn't need it.
b) It wouldn't do the environments and graphics proper justice
c) It would be a step back after the could things that came out of Pikmin 3 on Wii U. Plus, since the engine and models are already on Wii U, it would be a lot easier to go off of that.

Around the Network

Watch it be pushed back to be a NX launch title.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Wii U or NX? I don't really care. One thing i can get with these announcement is that the sequel of one of my favorite franchises is coming. And the way that Nintendo evolved the franchise, I really doubt that they will let us down

Pikmin 4 possibly coming next year? Somebody pinch me

We reap what we sow

Well, there goes away my plan of holding of buying the NX. This game will probably be a launch title for it, and if that's the case, I'm going go buy it day one. .-.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

PAOerfulone said:
Happy for all the Pikmin fans out there for this news!
I'll have to wait and see for myself how the game will shape up before I hop on board.
I tried out Pikmin 3, it was the free game I got off the eShop when I bought Mario Kart 8.
I just couldn't get into it. It was mostly the time limit that killed it for me.
I don't like feeling pressure in a game, especially when it involves exploring your surroundings gs to figure out how to advance onward, as well as trying to survive.
But, maybe I'll give it another chance.

It's simply and not hard at all game when you learn mechanics. Be sure to give one more chance to game, its one of the best Wii U games.

Darwinianevolution said:
Miyamotoo said:
Poliwrathlord said:
Soundwave said:
Could very easily be for the 3DS.

Y'know the system that has sold almost 60 million units? Perhaps Nintendo wants to cash in on that larger userbase.

I don't think the game would work on 3ds. Pikmin games need large screens plus if the 3ds's hardware can't handle Ice Climbers in Smash Bros. I doubt it could handle 100 pikmin, enemies, etc.

Exactly, I either can't see Pikmin working on 3DS.

They could put Pikmin 1 or 2 on the N3DS, actually. I'm pretty sure that machine was meant for GC/Wii ports, so older Pikmin titles would be great to test waters.

I don't think Pikmin game suit at all for small screen.

I would just love Pikmin 1 and 2 HD collection for NX! :)