By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pikmin 4 in development and "very close to completion"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Is my reaction.
I enjoyed the Pikmin 3 demo a lot.

Nintendo better do another print run for Pikmin 3.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
bananaking21 said:
Nintendo's marketing continues to amaze. why on earth did they announce Pikmin 4 like this? why not actually show it off? better yet... why didnt they show it off at E3? if its for the NX why even talk about it?

Didn't Sony announce GoW in the exact same way?

that slipped from them. and i didnt say the way they announced GoW was great, did i?

bigtakilla said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Well, this caught everyone by surprise. A pretty big NX launch title, a couple more and the system will have a great launch.

Monolith Soft have been awful quiet since Xenoblade X released haven't they? I mean, we know they have Project X Zone 2 in the works, but that is hardly a game that will requires any resources since they will be reusing a lot of the assets from the first game. (It's still 2d sprite based and has a lot of the same characters, and the new characters had probably already been made but didn't fit into the originals storyline.) 

I'm expecting something big announced with their name all over it by the end of the year or E3 next year latest. Realistically, Xenosaga HD series Wii U (or NX), but very unrealistically Xenosaga Old And New Testament (a Nintendo funded complete release of all six games), or Xenogears 2.

Awful quiet!?

They just finished Xenoblade X that was only released in just one market so far.

Don't expect any announcement from them for at least 2 years.

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

Monolith Soft have been awful quiet since Xenoblade X released haven't they? I mean, we know they have Project X Zone 2 in the works, but that is hardly a game that will requires any resources since they will be reusing a lot of the assets from the first game. (It's still 2d sprite based and has a lot of the same characters, and the new characters had probably already been made but didn't fit into the originals storyline.) 

I'm expecting something big announced with their name all over it by the end of the year or E3 next year latest. Realistically, Xenosaga HD series Wii U (or NX), but very unrealistically Xenosaga Old And New Testament (a Nintendo funded complete release of all six games), or Xenogears 2.

Awful quiet!?

They just finished Xenoblade X that was only released in just one market so far.

Ummmm yeah. Most developers don't go two years between game announcements. And Monolith Soft don't have to wait until a game releases worldwide before starting a new project. 

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

Awful quiet!?

Ummmm yeah. Most developers don't go two years between game announcements. And Monolith Soft don't have to wait until a game releases worldwide before starting a new project. 

No, but Nintendo developers do that very often. Also, most developers don't make announcement right after they start working on new game, especially those that belongs to Nintendo.

They probably start working on new game, but you cant expect they will announce that they are working on new game right after.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

No, but Nintendo developers do that very often. Also, most developers don't make announcement right after they start working on new game, especially those that belongs to Nintendo.

They probably start working on new game, but you cant expect they will announce that they are working on new game right after.

But they already announced they are working on a new game.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/06/22/monolith-soft-studio-behind-xenoblade-chronicles-x-is-working-on-a-brand-new-title/

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

But they already announced they are working on a new game.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/06/22/monolith-soft-studio-behind-xenoblade-chronicles-x-is-working-on-a-brand-new-title/

When asked if he was already working on his next game, Takahashi replied: “Yes, that’s always the case, every time.

Like almost every developer out there, when they finish game they start working on new one even if they don't confirmed that.

But dont expect "something big announced with their name all over it by the end of the year or E3 next year latest", beacuse its 100% NX game, so earliest we can get some info about project is next year, not latest.

Miyamotoo said:

beacuse its 100% NX game, so earliest we can get some info about project is next year, not latest.

That's an assumption.

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

beacuse its 100% NX game, so earliest we can get some info about project is next year, not latest.

That's an assumption.

Yes, but based on facts.

Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade X are develop around 5 years each, Monolith Soft started to work on new game few months ago. NX will come next year or in 2017. latest, so they certainly will not make game for older platforms when new are already out.

Nintendo said they will revile NX next year, so you cant expect that they will revel some NX game before they actually reveal NX itself, also I dont think that Monolith Soft will have something to show next year at E3 because project will be only around one year in development.

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

That's an assumption.

Yes, but based on facts.

Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade X are develop around 5 years each, Monolith Soft started to work on new game few months ago. NX will come next year or in 2017. latest, so they certainly will not make game for older platforms when new are already out.

Nintendo said they will revile NX next year, so you cant expect that they will revel some NX game before they actually reveal NX itself, also I dont think that Monolith Soft will have something to show next year at E3 because project will be only around one year in development.

For the two Xeno games yes, but they also developed (or assisted development) on Skyward Sword, Disaster: Day Of Crisis, and Smash Bros Brawl. Well, this gen they didn't work on Smash Wii U (to my knowledge), and they are not working on the Legend Of Zelda, ect. That's a lot of free time for a dev that in 2013 expanded their staff (http://www.gengame.net/2013/02/monolith-soft-expanding-working-closely-with-nintendo/).