By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pikmin 4 in development and "very close to completion"

So will we get 4 playable characters now? Hopefully that means coop in the main story, and if they make it online and local I'd say GOTF (Game Of The Forever). I really doubt about the online, but 4 main characters should be guaranteed. Maybe we get a journey between Hocotians (Olimar and Louie) mixed with... the others (Alph/Brittany/Charlie).

I also hope they release the Wii ports of the first 2 games on the VC. I've been wanting to play them since too long ago, and I haven't seen them on retail.

I'm hoping too much, but this is my favorite franchise, damn it!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
danielrdp said:
Miyamotoo said:
MoHasanie said:
That's surprising. Wish they told us they were making this game at the E3 conference. Would've made the conference slightly less terrible.

With Pokken Fighters and Pikmin 4 would be solid conference not less terrible, but apparently Nintendo has own reasons..

Well , They did say that they wanted to focus on games that would be released this year. It's hard to judge without knowing their plans for 2016. 

True, but 2016. start to shaping out..

Poliwrathlord said:
Soundwave said:
Could very easily be for the 3DS.

Y'know the system that has sold almost 60 million units? Perhaps Nintendo wants to cash in on that larger userbase.

I don't think the game would work on 3ds. Pikmin games need large screens plus if the 3ds's hardware can't handle Ice Climbers in Smash Bros. I doubt it could handle 100 pikmin, enemies, etc.

Exactly, I either can't see Pikmin working on 3DS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpgy21r_dRE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E_vwHbR5Ag&t=4m39s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWlkWPXfvXc

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Happy for all the Pikmin fans out there for this news!
I'll have to wait and see for myself how the game will shape up before I hop on board.
I tried out Pikmin 3, it was the free game I got off the eShop when I bought Mario Kart 8.
I just couldn't get into it. It was mostly the time limit that killed it for me.
I don't like feeling pressure in a game, especially when it involves exploring your surroundings gs to figure out how to advance onward, as well as trying to survive.
But, maybe I'll give it another chance.

Around the Network
jijifox said:
A NX launch title will be the best for Nintendo.If the NX has good specs Nintendo could show the game next e3 and Pikmin 4 could be like a way to say to the people that the NX can have good graphics

Keep dreaming for you NX

Man, it just keeps getting better and better for Wii U owners.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

This is going to be on Wii U, the game probably uses assets built around Wii U and I know Miyamoto likes the control options of Wiimote and nunchuck, or touch controls (that were patched into Pikmin 3 later on). Not only that but it could launch to a potential userbase of 13 million plus. Cant really see it coming to New 3DS, the small screen and control set up doesnt seem a good fit, unless Ninty aim for userbase.

Miyamotoo said:
Poliwrathlord said:
Soundwave said:
Could very easily be for the 3DS.

Y'know the system that has sold almost 60 million units? Perhaps Nintendo wants to cash in on that larger userbase.

I don't think the game would work on 3ds. Pikmin games need large screens plus if the 3ds's hardware can't handle Ice Climbers in Smash Bros. I doubt it could handle 100 pikmin, enemies, etc.

Exactly, I either can't see Pikmin working on 3DS.

They could put Pikmin 1 or 2 on the N3DS, actually. I'm pretty sure that machine was meant for GC/Wii ports, so older Pikmin titles would be great to test waters.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

RolStoppable said:
From a business perspective, it makes no sense that this game was greenlit. But if it's already close to completion, then the only thing left to do is hope that they include features that should have been in Pikmin 3. Like a co-op campaign.

Yeah, it makes sense, sadly. I'm not a super fan of Pikmin 3, but it's still Pikmin nonetheless. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.