By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pikmin 4 in development and "very close to completion"

MoHasanie said:
That's surprising. Wish they told us they were making this game at the E3 conference. Would've made the conference slightly less terrible.

With Pokken Fighters and Pikmin 4 would be solid conference not less terrible, but apparently Nintendo has own reasons..

Around the Network

2016 release im sure

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Could very easily be for the 3DS.

Y'know the system that has sold almost 60 million units? Perhaps Nintendo wants to cash in on that larger userbase.

Miyamotoo said:
MoHasanie said:
That's surprising. Wish they told us they were making this game at the E3 conference. Would've made the conference slightly less terrible.

With Pokken Fighters and Pikmin 4 would be solid conference not less terrible, but apparently Nintendo has own reasons..

Well , They did say that they wanted to focus on games that would be released this year. It's hard to judge without knowing their plans for 2016. 

Edwardooo said:
I think it's for Wii U. It's only has been 2 years since Pikmin 3 and the game seems to be already done, so it must be the same engine as Pikmin 3, so the same platform.

Don't forget, though, that Retro Studios was using the same engine for DKCTF that they used for the original Metroid Prime, so a new console doesn't always mean a new engine.

Soundwave said:

Y'know the system that has sold almost 60 million units? Perhaps Nintendo wants to cash in on that larger userbase.

I am wondering about this, myself.  This could very well be something similar to what happening with Hyrule Warriors or Sm4sh.  Pikmin 3 hasn't exactly blasted past 1 million on the Wii U so the 3DS was my first impression when I heard this news.  

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

I don't think the game would work on 3ds. Pikmin games need large screens plus if the 3ds's hardware can't handle Ice Climbers in Smash Bros. I doubt it could handle 100 pikmin, enemies, etc.

Any first party software for Wii U is welcome news. Nice surprise Nintendo!

This was unexpected. Great news!

Reminds me to finish off Pikmin 3...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

2016 is looking amazing for the Wii U so far (yes, I know this wasn't confirmed, but if it's almost complete, it's gotta be on the Wii U and at the very least, it'll be Wii U/NX)

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Soundwave said:

Illusion said:
I am wondering about this, myself.  This could very well be something similar to what happening with Hyrule Warriors or Sm4sh.  Pikmin 3 hasn't exactly blasted past 1 million on the Wii U so the 3DS was my first impression when I heard this news.  

Nevermind, my mistake.  I just read a Gamespot article from Miyamoto in 2013 saying that they tried getting Pikmin to work on the 3DS but canned it due to control issues.  Looks like it will be either Wii U or NX.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/miyamoto-explains-why-3ds-pikmin-prototype-was-canned/1100-6412159/