By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pikmin 4 in development and "very close to completion"

Samus Aran said:
RolStoppable said:
From a business perspective, it makes no sense that this game was greenlit. But if it's already close to completion, then the only thing left to do is hope that they include features that should have been in Pikmin 3. Like a co-op campaign.

That's the smartest thing I've ever seen you say.

Now hopefully it has better graphics than Pikmin 3.

It should be on the NX though.

Pikmin 3 is one of the Wii U games with best graphics.

Pikmin 3 first meant to be Wii game, but they later decided to put it on Wii U, so if Pikmin 4 is really Wii U game they will make it for Wii U from ground, not mentioned that Pikmin 3 was one of the 1st Nintendo HD and Wii U games, now they are very familiar with HD development and Wii U hardware.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
I'm not really even sure if Pikmin 3 has sold a million. Probably overtracked here, because Nintendo lists all million sellers in their financial reports, and Pikmin 3 hasn't been listed there, which is a tell tale sign that they shipped fewer than 1 million copies.

Actually what I saw till now it seems that Nintendo listed only 1.5+ million Wii U sellers, I didn't see any Nintendo Wii U list that had game with sales less than 1.5m.

I think that Pikmin 3 and probably DKTF have sales somewhere 1-1.5m.

LipeJJ said:
Well, there goes away my plan of holding of buying the NX. This game will probably be a launch title for it, and if that's the case, I'm going go buy it day one. .-.

Maybe, but if they really want this game for NX launch there is no reason to announcement it now, in that case best choice would be ti announcement with NX revealing, it seems more like a Wii U game or at least like cross platform game.

Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:
I'm not really even sure if Pikmin 3 has sold a million. Probably overtracked here, because Nintendo lists all million sellers in their financial reports, and Pikmin 3 hasn't been listed there, which is a tell tale sign that they shipped fewer than 1 million copies.

Actually what I saw till now it seems that Nintendo listed only 1.5+ million Wii U sellers, I didn't see any Nintendo Wii U list that had game with sales less than 1.5m.

Didn't Hyrule Warriors sell 1 million?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Miyamotoo said:
Soundwave said:

Yes, it's confirmed by Koei Tecmo few months after launch, and we still didnt see that game neither on list of Wii U best selling games, probably still isn't on 1.5m yet.

Around the Network

Nintendo's marketing continues to amaze. why on earth did they announce Pikmin 4 like this? why not actually show it off? better yet... why didnt they show it off at E3? if its for the NX why even talk about it?

Miyamotoo said:
AZWification said:

Yes, it's confirmed by Koei Tecmo few months after launch, and we still didnt see that game neither on list of Wii U best selling games, probably still isn't on 1.5m yet.

True, true. I really hope both Tropical Freeze and Pikmin 3 have passed 1 million! They really deserve it.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Darwinianevolution said:
Well, this caught everyone by surprise. A pretty big NX launch title, a couple more and the system will have a great launch.

Monolith Soft have been awful quiet since Xenoblade X released haven't they? I mean, we know they have Project X Zone 2 in the works, but that is hardly a game that will requires any resources since they will be reusing a lot of the assets from the first game. (It's still 2d sprite based and has a lot of the same characters, and the new characters had probably already been made but didn't fit into the originals storyline.) 

I'm expecting something big announced with their name all over it by the end of the year or E3 next year latest. Realistically, Xenosaga HD series Wii U (or NX), but very unrealistically Xenosaga Old And New Testament (a Nintendo funded complete release of all six games), or Xenogears 2.

bananaking21 said:
Nintendo's marketing continues to amaze. why on earth did they announce Pikmin 4 like this? why not actually show it off? better yet... why didnt they show it off at E3? if its for the NX why even talk about it?

Didn't Sony announce GoW in the exact same way?

This sugests that it is likely its coming to Wii U. Though a 3 DS version is possible, it wouldnt make much sense and the NX is still too far off.