By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo Hire More Developers ?

Should Nintendo hire more developers?

No. they're fine with what they have now. 7 9.33%

No. their sales wouldn't... 3 4.00%

Yes. they should hire 1-20 people 4 5.33%

Yes. they should hire 21-50 people 6 8.00%

Yes. they should hire 51-100 people 13 17.33%

Yes. they should hire 101-200 people 7 9.33%

Yes. they should hire more than 200 people 35 46.67%

Total:75

I've been thinking about this for a few months and now I want to ask you People of VGChartz :Do you Think Nintendo should hire more developers ? I asked myself this question because I see lots of Nintendo IPs that Nintendo fans beg for and don't get a newentry in AGES, plus there are those IPs like Mario and The Legend of Zelda that need more than one development team because there are various projects for this IPs, and obviously there are also the New IPs, that must be made because there will always be people complaining about the lack of new games, just to make an example, Splatoon will most likely become a regular entry on Nintendo consoles, so how could Nintendo possibly handle such an ammount of series to give sequels, Spin-offs, Remakes and whatever else ? I simply think that right now Nintendo CAN'T do it, I think Nintendo should hire lots and lots of devs so that they can handle the massive ammount of IPs that they have and at the same time fill the droughts that their consoles suffer.

What do you think ? do you agree with me or do you think Nintendo is good as it is ?

Around the Network

Obviously they should. but it is not that easy. you can't just hire random people and hope they form a good working team. Teams better grow slowly.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

They are hiring; since 2010 their number of employees is constantly on the rise, most of them probably in development fields

I think Nintendo is already aware of this. Ofc they are. They know how to handle this kinda of stuff

Considering they are struggling to keep up the existing cycle? Definitely.

Where to get new developer is problematic though. Good producers, directors and such are hard to come by.

Around the Network

They should hire Tachikoma and CaptainYuri.

LemonSlice said:
They should hire Tachikoma and CaptainYuri.

.... Are you trying to send nintendo 6 feet under?

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Yes dammit. They're tiny.

They probably need to have a popular console before it's in their interest to get all those extra people working on it. As much as I love the Wii U, it's clear they can't and won't turn it around now.

Either that or bringing third party support back, as the Wii U sales clearly show they don't have enough to support a console and a handheld at the same time in the era of hd development. So either the NX will replace both handheld and console and Nintendo's entire dev army will make NX games, or they keep on having 2 platforms and they need to hire extra personal.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar