By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Its time to lose the gamepad

Is it time for Nintendo to ditch the Gamepad?

Yes 45 13.60%

No 144 43.50%

Last Year was the time 18 5.44%

Launch was the best time 19 5.74%

Its to late now, it wont do any good 86 25.98%

See results 19 5.74%

Total:331

Just drop it to $219.99 with no bundled games. Or, make a Wii U colored like an old NES and have like 5 or 6 NES Titles downloaded on it. Being out a few old school game lovers.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network

Too late, Nintendo had chance to ditch gamepad only in first year.

Now they would be spend more money and resources on rebranding and changing all games that require gamepad, than they would earning buy thing it now.

eva01beserk said:

This will create another sega situation, where they cut the life of a product to soon and people just lost trust on the company. To avoid this, they should separate the gamepad, that way they can reduce the price. inmagine how well a $200 Wii U with a pro controller would sell like. This will at least buy nintendo another year without releasing the next console and consumers wont loose as much trust.

I dont see how ditching gamepad have anything with this.

I doubt Nintendo can drop it even if they wanted to.

Knowing how hardware deals work they probably placed an order for X number of Wii U tablets over X years, if they do this, they'd probably be stuck with a bunch of unsold $70 (manufacturing cost) controllers and they probably don't want to eat the loss on that.

I hope nx supports the Wii u gamepad and the handheld has a Touchscreen

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

The Wii U was completely designed around the tablet, moreso than the XB1 was around the kinect.
You can't just flip a switch :3.
At this point, NX is the best option.

Removing the Tablet at this point would fracture its base for a lower price, which might increase its sales at the costs of software incompatibility.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

The thing costs like $40~50 extra to make. You need it to play Wonderful 101, and other fantastic games. Should Nintendo advertise it correctly, gamepad itself could move a lot of units. But now that the damage is done, image if someone buys a gamepadless wiiu and sees games like W101, SMM, G&Wario or even games like bayonetta that shouldn't need it but didn't get a patch on a store shelf. The cases don't state the gamepad is needed, that alone could make many customers angry.

Was it too tight!

K98632 said:

Yeah, the pad is pretty important in Pikmin 3, it would be extremely hard to seperate the two.

Some games would be eaiser than others, like Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. But I think people who don't own a WiiU tend not to understand how important the pad is. And thats a lot of Nintendo's fault with their horrible marketing for such a great system.

No, pikmin 3 has the option of playing with the Wii motion plus and some say the eperience is much better.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

It's not possible. That's like saying remove the Wii Remote from the Wii and give it a keyboard instead.

The OS on the console, and nearly every game utilize the gamepad in some capacity, and will not work without it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.