By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Its time to lose the gamepad

Is it time for Nintendo to ditch the Gamepad?

Yes 45 13.60%

No 144 43.50%

Last Year was the time 18 5.44%

Launch was the best time 19 5.74%

Its to late now, it wont do any good 86 25.98%

See results 19 5.74%

Total:331
MikeRox said:
padib said:
The gamepad is cool. It just shouldn't have been bundled because it made the console too expensive.

This is it for me.

The gamepad would have worked better IMO as an optional accessory meaning they could get the actual system out to people at a much more mainstream price.

I like to belive that the motion controls where not the only reason that the wii was so popular. The fact that it was only $250 at launch, when at the time the competition was $400 for 360 I belive. not sure.  and $600 ps4. in comparison they where worlds apart. I think this atributed a lot to the early succes of the wii.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

Splitting Wii U user base would definitively kill it. To cut costs (and retail price), they could make a base version of the gamepad with a 4"-5" screen, very mainstream sizes that can be found even on the cheapest phones, while 6" is too small for tablets and it's commonly found on less widespread phablets and high-end phones, so on top of what could be a normal overprice for a larger screen, it suffers from reduced economies of scale.
Leaving the ~6" model optional and offering as standard a 4"-5" one could also attract those that don't object to the price, but find the larger one awkward.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I know English isn't your first language, but I hope this helps:

Lets(punctuation) face it, the Gamepad for the wii u(capitals) has got to go[citation needed]. Something MS realise(tense) soon enoughf(spelling) and debundled(not a word) the kinect(capital). The Wii U has barely crossed 10 mil(punctuation) in theesse(spelling) 3 years and they themselfs(spelling) have said that the Wii U is in a bad position. Then they are planing(spelling and grammar) the release of the NX soon, witch(spelling) will cut the legs of(spelling) the Wii U inmediatly(spelling), wich(spelling) there are rumors that it might come as early ass(spelling?) 2016 hollidays(spelling).

I know this is not the first time someone sugested(spelling and grammar) to get rid of the gamepad, but litsen(spelling).

The Wii U will oficially(spelling) die as soon as the NX gets anounced(spelling) [citation needed], not even released, but as soon as nintendo(capital) shows what it is and when it might come(grammar) people will wait for it or skip both[citation needed].

This will create another sega(capital) situation, where they cut the life of a product to(spelling) soon and people just lost(tense) trust on(spelling) the company[citation needed]. To avoid this, they should separate the gamepad(capital), that way they can reduce the price. inmagine(spelling and capital) how well a $200 Wii U with a pro controller(capitals) would sell like. This will at least buy nintendo(capital) another year without releasing the next console and consumers wont(punctuation) loose(spelling) as much trust[citation needed].

The main reason the Wii U is not selling is the price in my opinion. At $300 its dificult(spelling) to consider it, while the next best thing is a $350 X1 with much better graphics and full third party suport(spelling) and multiple bundles going around that offer many free games. Only a die hard(punctuation) fan would choose the Wii U ad(spelling) theres(punctuation) not that manny(spelling) of them cuz(spelling) they havent(punctuation) released manny(spelling) of their key titles yet[citation needed], or ever will ass(spelling?) it looks like.

Im(punctuation) all for them seing(spelling) value in it and all, but its(punctuation) to(spelling) late. They have barely shown any need for the thing. If they are not even going to try[citation needed], why force it upon people and jack up the price. At least give the poor console a fighting chance before the next one comes up. 

Other than this, I quite enjoyed your essay.

If they sold a cheaper option with the controller instead of the gamepad, I actually might buy it.

PoorGrammar said:

I know English isn't your first language, but I hope this helps:

Lets(punctuation) face it, the Gamepad for the wii u(capitals) has got to go[citation needed]. Something MS realise(tense) soon enoughf(spelling) and debundled(not a word) the kinect(capital). The Wii U has barely crossed 10 mil(punctuation) in theesse(spelling) 3 years and they themselfs(spelling) have said that the Wii U is in a bad position. Then they are planing(spelling and grammar) the release of the NX soon, witch(spelling) will cut the legs of(spelling) the Wii U inmediatly(spelling), wich(spelling) there are rumors that it might come as early ass(spelling?) 2016 hollidays(spelling).

I know this is not the first time someone sugested(spelling and grammar) to get rid of the gamepad, but litsen(spelling).

The Wii U will oficially(spelling) die as soon as the NX gets anounced(spelling) [citation needed], not even released, but as soon as nintendo(capital) shows what it is and when it might come(grammar) people will wait for it or skip both[citation needed].

This will create another sega(capital) situation, where they cut the life of a product to(spelling) soon and people just lost(tense) trust on(spelling) the company[citation needed]. To avoid this, they should separate the gamepad(capital), that way they can reduce the price. inmagine(spelling and capital) how well a $200 Wii U with a pro controller(capitals) would sell like. This will at least buy nintendo(capital) another year without releasing the next console and consumers wont(punctuation) loose(spelling) as much trust[citation needed].

The main reason the Wii U is not selling is the price in my opinion. At $300 its dificult(spelling) to consider it, while the next best thing is a $350 X1 with much better graphics and full third party suport(spelling) and multiple bundles going around that offer many free games. Only a die hard(punctuation) fan would choose the Wii U ad(spelling) theres(punctuation) not that manny(spelling) of them cuz(spelling) they havent(punctuation) released manny(spelling) of their key titles yet[citation needed], or ever will ass(spelling?) it looks like.

Im(punctuation) all for them seing(spelling) value in it and all, but its(punctuation) to(spelling) late. They have barely shown any need for the thing. If they are not even going to try[citation needed], why force it upon people and jack up the price. At least give the poor console a fighting chance before the next one comes up. 

Other than this, I quite enjoyed your essay.

The worst part is that although english is my second lenguage, it was my main. I just have horrible gramar, both in english and spanish.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.