By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Naughty Dog's greed is out of control"

Naughty Dog games have multiplayer...???

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:

go up against someone with a frontier rifle in the last of us while using a default rilfe or a burst pistol and then say that again

Then you die because you ran towards someone equiped with a gun that's more powerful at close range than yours. Burst rifle, shotgun or upgraded shorty are more effective. Of course, you have to know how to use the burst rifle at medium range (aim for the chest, the recoil hits a HS). You could even beat the guy with a bow if you equip sharpshooter (it's a must for the bow, because it removes the woblling aim that it has when you are being shot).

Despite that, as any other weapon, it's useless against a sniper in long range.

This is bs for those who dont wanna pay but play online since they are at a disadvantage.

i think the (original) OP doesn't realize that uncharted 3's multiplayer is free to play...

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/uncharted-3-drake%27s-deception-multiplayer-free-to-play/cid=UP9000-NPUA80858_00-UNCHARTED3FREEMP

torok said:
DerNebel said:
Also to all the people saying that they are doing it because people are willing to pay: Great...so?

It seems that a lot of people here don't play ND games in multiplayer, so you don't seem to be aware of that shit, but to my knowledge especially TLOU later on locked the best weapons behind a paywall. Am I, as an avid ND multiplayer gamer just supposed to sit here and accept that because people are willing to pay? I'm not willing to pay for something like that, so I should just accept being put at a disadvantage for not wanting to shell out more than the already 60€ that I paid initially to get the game? Seriously?

I'm an experienced TLOU online player (level 400). From the new weapons, the best one is the tactical shotgun. It is good for medium range. The DLC purchasable weapons aren't good, mainly because the only 2 purchaseable weapons (purchasable are the ones that you must get with points during the match, not DLC ones) that are worth are the regular shotgun and the military sniper. You could argue that the El Diablo also is a good weapon and that the flamethrower has its uses.

I don't get pissed off with these guns because they simply are on par with all the others. The best gun on the game and the only one that's a bit OP is the hunting rifle, because the heavy aim assist makes it deadly with training. The semi auto is an amazing all arounder and the burst rifle (my choice) is basically unbeatable at close quarters. The bow is a good weapon (range and silent + it has more ammo) and the shorty is good if upgraded to the max. Basically, the other weapons aren't relevant because they are aren't effective.

In TLOU, each weapon costs points in your loadout. So:

- A purchaseable weapon must be invencible in what it does. The crossbow is DLC but it's useless because it is a long range weapon that loses to the MS and even to the hunting rifle. At long range, military sniper always wins. At short range, shotgun always wins. At medium range, specter (DLC) and assault rifle would be good, but they simply use to much ammo.

- A regular weapon must be either (compared with other regular weapons):

--> Best in class: hunting rifle. It has a lot fo ammo and downs with one headshot. Burst rifle. Always wins at close range.

--> All arounder: semi auto. Effective at all ranges. Revolver. This guy is greaty. It packs quite a punch and, if upgraded, can save you when you run out of ammo.

It's funny that people always talk about the DLC guns while most of them are just on par with all the others. The only one that really shines is the Enforce, because it's a great side weapon.

Anyone who think that these guns are better is the same guy that thinks that flamethrower is OP (shotgun + shot his legs and guy is dead). The OP gun is the hunting rifle. If you dominate it, you win. If your team has 3 guys that dominate it, you will almost ALWAYS win. Best guns are the huntung rifle, burst rifle, semi auto, revolver, bow, shorty and Enforcer. Best purchaseable are shotgun, military sniper and flamethrower.

really? the burst pistol was balanced?

i'm not as you say an "experienced" tlou multiplayer player because i quickly lost interest because of how slow and restrictive the gameplay is

but regardless i finished both the firefly and the other faction's journeys and from what i experienced the burst pistol and frontier rifle were unbalanced

Around the Network

For those saying ND release complete games, they announced single-player DLC for U4 six months before release. It's a shame they're turning out like the others.

Mirson said:

For those saying ND release complete games, they announced single-player DLC for U4 six months before release. It's a shame they're turning out like the others.

o.O So, you're saying TLOU wasn't complete, because they released the Left Behind DLC?  Because in actual interviews, that's precisely what ND is planning on creating, content as compelling as Left Behind.

I don't see anything wrong with DLC because it helps offset people buying used games and it's optional. I like expansions though. I played TLOU and most of the uncharted games but honestly, I didn't buy any of the DLC for 'em. 

In a lot of online multiplayer shooters and MMO's lock some content behind paywalls. I fault 'em for doing that with expansion type of DLC but with some stuff, it's really annoying.

fireburn95 said:
Umm... Don't buy from it then.

The games are 100% playable without spending an extra penny. Paid cosmetics are for those who really don't care if they spend a couple of bucks on a hat.

It's not a cash grab if the consumer has the option to buy it. If you think they are unreasonable, don't spend a penny extra.

"It's not a cash grab if the consumer has the option to buy it."

so if the game's price was raised arbitrarily to $100 that's not a negative since you have the option to buy it? wtf?

Mirson said:

They announced the TLOU single player DLC before launch of the game as well, albeit not as early. They are just giving people info on what the season pass will include early, cause they've been burned on that front. I really wouldn't worry about that part.