By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Naughty Dog's greed is out of control"

Faelco said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

No, we dont play the same LoU MP because i dont play LoU MP anymore. DLC ruined it.

I know it takes points to don Bomb 3, as all level 3 perks do. Its unbalanced and is too strong. You dont need a lot of weapons or other perks when you have free shiv kills. The rest of your post is your basic "get gud" message people post on message boards. 

Yes, maybe for a few weeks after the DLCs the game was messy because a lot of people tried the new skills and weapons. It's not the case anymore after a few weeks. You can have fun with your new paying toy for a while, but when you continously die because that cool toy comes with 5 bullets only and you find yourself unarmed in every fight after the first one, you come back to more useful weapons. It's what I did with the paying DLC gun, great but points-expensive and with too few bullets, so not useful enough (or even more expensive if you have to buy bullets for every fight or buy a skill to have more bullets). 

I don't say only "get gud", I say "don't exaggerate/rage and try". I was really angry the first time I died because of the blood loss of a crossbow, and complained about this pay2win weapon. The second time too. And then I tried it, I saw that it was not unbalanced at all and had drawbacks. And I got used to fight against it and I don't consider it better than another weapon anymore, it just ask for another approach, like anything in the game. I'm not killed by the weapon but by the player, and when I died, the guy usually could have killed me with any weapon in the game, it's useless to complain about his crossbow. 

There isn't a lot of paying weapons on the field anymore IMO. Even level 500 or 900-something players don't use it more than other weapons. There is a reason to it. You can like a DLC weapon and have fun with it. You can be dominated by a good player with a DLC weapon. But you won't see a bad player getting good just by buying a DLC weapon. You won't see a guy dominating a game only because of his new DLC weapon or skill. The skilled free players still own the paying bad players, without a sweat. These skills and weapons give you other possibilities but not more advantage than other skills or weapons. That's why I'm saying it's not pay2win.

Nah, it doesn't really work like that. Skill always trumps everything, but that doesn't make the design any less pay2win. There is a giant monster spider DLC God right now in Smite that is extremely overpowered and takes multiple other players working together to take down. Now, a bad or average player might buy that God and not do well with it against highly skilled players. Doesn't make it any less pay2win. Imagine that God in the hands of a great player. Plus the shift in tactics and play style that particular DLC demands. LoU was exactly the same. Now I need to stock up on health packs for crossbow players. Now I should not get close to Bomb Expert players or they'll just smoke themselves and shiv me, etc etc. I never had a problem with ammo for the shotgun or crossbow because they were extremely easy kills which meant more parts which meant more ammo. And then as people bought more of the guns and perks and special abilities that made them CoD type super soldiers in their heads, people used less and less stealth and the kills came even easier, but the core gameplay that drew me to the MP was ruined.

And yes, I am aware a skilled stealth player can still dominate in a match, just like a skiller run n gun player can dominate. Doesn't change the shift in dynamics most players adapted due to DLC. It's like Madden. You'll win more if you play smart football, mix up your plays, punt when needed. But that doesn't change the fact that most people are blowhards who run verticals all game and never punt. The only difference is in Madden that's a style available day one. In LoU people played the game the right way until ND flooded the game with pay2win DLC that changed it up.

Nothing exaggerated about it, and why would I rage about super weapons when I can just buy them and join in the pay2win fun? It's more a feeling of being let down about an awesome MP experience than any feeling of anger or rage. After awhile you get used to greedy publishers ruining your franchises with content shenanigans. Nothing more for me to say to you really, we can just agree to disagree.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Micro transactions never bothered me, I am the sucker who pays $20 AUS for mounts in World of Warcraft, however it amazes me how people turn a blind eye to it since MTs were one of the things that gamers showed they hated, but slap Naughty Dog on it and its not a problem to anybody. To me, most micro transaction games are the same unless your playing a Mobile game that requires you to pay to win etc. It doesn't effect me if a game wants to offer special items and skins as long as it doesn't effect my solo campaign runs and doesn't offer a huge advantage to the other teams in multiplayer.

This is the problem with ND DLC, it can get extremely advantageous. They release DLC like free2play games do, where it's so good you're more compelled to buy it. Then they tweak it down a little bit. But their games aren't f2p, they are normal retail price.

No one cares about it, because is Naughty Dog. But if it was some other developer... Their HQs would've been set on fire.

Just saying.

o_O.Q said:

really? the burst pistol was balanced?

i'm not as you say an "experienced" tlou multiplayer player because i quickly lost interest because of how slow and restrictive the gameplay is

but regardless i finished both the firefly and the other faction's journeys and from what i experienced the burst pistol and frontier rifle were unbalanced

The burst pistol is a side weapon. It isn't effective against any of the main ones. It also loses to the enforcer and revolver at medium/long range. It isn't even the most powerful short range side weapon, that's the upgraded shorty.

Finishing both factions isn't remotely enough to know how to play. 2 full 12 weeks runs equal to level 20 to 24 max. Level 400 equals to roughly 35 to 40 full 12 weeks.

Gameplay isn't slow and restrictive. It just demands that you know your terrain and where the enemy is before making your moves.

Somewhat greedy yes, but unfortunately was the norm for last gen.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Around the Network

The only DLC I have ever bought in my life is Smash and Mario Kart, I usually stay away from FPS game or any other type of game that usually has a lot of microtransactions

Currently most hyped for: FFXV and Zelda U