By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Naughty Dog's greed is out of control"

mornelithe said:
Mirson said:

Left behind wasn't announced before the game's release. 

Yeah and?  In the interview w/ KindaFunnyGames yesterday, they said that's the intent on the SP DLC.  They're going to try and take another shot at it.  Many, many companies prior to launch, indicate they plan on episodic content.  Doesn't mean it's taking away from the core game.  Just means they plan on revisiting the story.

Keyword prior to launch. We're still months away. I don't consider what they're giving us complete considering the dlc is part of the story.

Around the Network
Mirson said:
mornelithe said:

Yeah and?  In the interview w/ KindaFunnyGames yesterday, they said that's the intent on the SP DLC.  They're going to try and take another shot at it.  Many, many companies prior to launch, indicate they plan on episodic content.  Doesn't mean it's taking away from the core game.  Just means they plan on revisiting the story.

Keyword prior to launch. We're still months away. I don't consider what they're giving us complete considering the dlc is part of the story.

Yeah, and?  See, I was wrong, Left Behind was announced prior to launch, seems you just ignored the other posters who corrected you, otherwise keeping up this charade would be rather embarassing.

I feel the same about Sakurai and Smash 4.

spemanig said:
I feel the same about Sakurai and Smash 4.

You should maybe elaborate on that if you want people to react to it. ;)

I played (and am still playing) TLOU multi-player, not "a lot" but enough to know the weapons and skills. I even bought some of these "pay to win" DLCs.

I think that I used each of them once. That's all. I still use one skill sometimes in one of my builds, but that's it. It's not "pay to win", because it's balanced (you have 13 points for a build and each weapon you choose cost points) and is not really worth it, except if you like the playstyle of a weapon. If not, you can keep the base weapons and skill, and you won't be weaker than the others. I can use a lot of different weapons and skills, but at the end, I always come back to my bow and stealth (base weapon and skill IIRC). It just depends on what you like, it has nothing to do with power or balance.

Yes, it would be better if everything was free, but in this case there wouldn't be any developer to manage this, or we should buy a lot of hats to cover the costs. If some people want to pay a rifle shooting 4 bullets in a row instead of 3 but at the price of 1 normal rifle plus another weapon or skill, I won't blame them.

EDIT : Didn't Mario Kart sell a DLC with new races and modes, and maybe even new karts and characters ? What a shame... 

Around the Network
Mirson said:
mornelithe said:

Don't you think you're being a tad naive here? Naighty Dog didn't decide 2 weeks before the launch of TLOU that they are going to make a single player add on for the game, that had also been planned for months before that point. The difference here is just the point at which they decided to tell people.

Faelco said:

I played (and am still playing) TLOU multi-player, not "a lot" but enough to know the weapons and skills. I even bought some of these "pay to win" DLCs.

I think that I used each of them once. That's all. I still use one skill sometimes in one of my builds, but that's it. It's not "pay to win", because it's balanced (you have 13 points for a build and each weapon you choose cost points) and is not really worth it, except if you like the playstyle of a weapon. If not, you can keep the base weapons and skill, and you won't be weaker than the others. I can use a lot of different weapons and skills, but at the end, I always come back to my bow and stealth (base weapon and skill IIRC). It just depends on what you like, it has nothing to do with power or balance.

Yes, it would be better if everything was free, but in this case there wouldn't be any developer to manage this, or we should buy a lot of hats to cover the costs. If some people want to pay a rifle shooting 4 bullets in a row instead of 3 but at the price of 1 normal rifle plus another weapon or skill, I won't blame them.

EDIT : Didn't Mario Kart sell a DLC with new races and modes, and maybe even new karts and characters ? What a shame... 

Is Mario Kart the topic of the thread? I don't think so.

Mirson said:

For those saying ND release complete games, they announced single-player DLC for U4 six months before release. It's a shame they're turning out like the others.

Huh?  I don't understand what you're saying.  Most DLC is planned in pre-production.  Why would it matter when they announce it?

DakonBlackblade said:
The real question here is why do ppl buy this ? If everyone is against it, dont buy it and them theyll stop doing it, but everyone buys it so they keep doing it. Its not rocket science.

I usually don't!  Dlc almost never feels complete but certain series just make me look the other way.  I've felt so hollow after playing the Arkham Knight DLC or some of the Mass Effect stuff...... but I love the series so much that I'm right back there the second they call my name.

Faelco said:

I'm not the authority but that's one of the rare examples of DLC done right!  Along with some of the SFIV stuff (not the costumes) and a few other times (ie GTA IV), that MK8 DLC doesn't even feel like DLC.  Maybe the Uncharted 4 stuff will be in that level. If so, I won't complain.

Hey, I'm not complaining now! I only play SP in this series. I'll take a "wait and see" approach.