By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Naughty Dog's greed is out of control"

The comments to this thread pretty much show the big double standard. EA does it, fuck them, but our Lord and savior Naughty Dog (or Nintendo, or whoever it may be) does it? Oh well. This is a company that released a season pass that was supposed to contain all the DLC map content om top of the single player add ons, and we got MORE DLC after the pass ended.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

You literally don't need to buy any of this to be competitive.

Don't understand what the problem is.

App store games charge up to hundreds of dollars for content. Why does nobody talk about them?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

DivinePaladin said:
The comments to this thread pretty much show the big double standard. EA does it, fuck them, but our Lord and savior Naughty Dog (or Nintendo, or whoever it may be) does it? Oh well. This is a company that released a season pass that was supposed to contain all the DLC map content om top of the single player add ons, and we got MORE DLC after the pass ended.

I said the same thing with EA, actually.  I said it's their job to try and create new revenue streams, it's my job as a consumer to reject anything I don't feel is worth the value.  I've never bought any ND DLC (except Left Behind for TLOU) and I'm not involved in EA's garbage either.  This is on the rest of gamer's who weren't able to resist the urge.

I feel the same about Sakurai and Smash 4.

ps3-sales! said:

App store games charge up to hundreds of dollars for content. Why does nobody talk about them?

Because most of them are free to start. And regarding the not needing to buy any of it to be competitive part I urge you to google "tlou tactical shotgun" and look at the first page results, that should really speak for itself on how much this paid stuff can break the balance of the game.

Around the Network

i did not like that in TLoU MP but i did manage to get along without the feeling that i was in a big disadvantage.
i really hope they can get over this and be pleased with the incoming from the main game. Hope they can put their eyes on CD Projekt Red and take the high road.

PS: STOP BUYING THAT S***

btw i love naughty dog and their craftsmanship

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

OP try to bash the franchise that all IMO

most of those are theme, soundtrack, costume, avatar and has for weapon for last of us i purchase one and it doesnt change anything in my game experience except the look of my weapon (skin)!

ND always offer complete game (compare to some other like EA, Ubisoft, WB, MS, SE etc...

Qwark said:

I know but there games are so good I forgive them and luckily they don't lock vital content mostly skin so no pay to win, but pay for e-penis, besides who bus Uncharted for the MP anyway

i do moreso than the single player

ot i agree the extra guns in the last of us mp were actually better than the default guns

the mp in the last of us just became garbage after a whil because of how unbalanced things were imo

especially when you consider that a couple kills can buy armour and all kinds of shit

kind of sad to see them pull this bullshit again because i do sincerely like their games

I actually had no idea those games had that insane amount of micro transactions. Micro transactions is the worst thing to have ever happened to the video games industry.

ps3-sales! said:

"You literally don't need to buy any of this to be competitive. "

well no that is a lie at least with regards to the last of us and i wouldn't be surprised if they pull this bullshit with uncharted 4

go up against someone with a frontier rifle in the last of us while using a default rilfe or a burst pistol and then say that again