By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games your parents like/used to like?

this is good lets see:

Dad:
Homeworld 1 & 2
Eve Online (he played this forever! years and years)
Final Fantasy X (was the first FF game he played)
Delta Force games (dad was that annouying guy always camping, always had high K/D)
Mechwarrior games

Megaman games (older series)

Train simulator (dont ask me what he sees in it)

(now that I think about it, my dad must be really into sci fi and robots lmao)

Mom:
Anything mario.
web based flash games >_<'
Sims >_<'

Around the Network

My mom never wanted anything to do with computer games. My dad liked Lemmings, Worms and later Burnout on the ps2. He doesn't play anymore though since he won't accept the Steam user agreement. I gave him a ps3 years ago. I don't think he ever bought a game for it, just dvd/blu-ray player. He doesn't have a psn ID since again he won't accept the eula.

My parents didn't game much though I do remember my mom waking me up in the middle of the night when I was 5 though because she couldn't get through world 2-2 of Super Mario Bros. She was drunk, it was a school night, and I didn't give back the controller for at least 4 levels.

My mom won't look at anything other than Pac-Man, although she was inexplicably captivated by Treasure Cove some twenty years ago. My dad remembers playing Galaga, and we used to play Madden together.

I got them to try Wii Sports a bit back in 07. I don't think they cared about it.

My dad was a fan of Ready 2 Rumble boxing on my N64. Not anything other than that.

I challenged my Mom to bowling on Wii Sports Club, and lost :P. Other than that, she's never touched a game.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

Galaga for my dad. It's a pretty fun game.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

My parents discourage me from playing video games, take it from there. lol.

Do Farm Heroes Saga and Solitaire count?

My parents are not gamer, but my dad enjoyed Rayman 2: The Great Escape. ^^

DAD:

used to be big into arcade games like galaga, and several others,
played early Final Fantasy games like Mystic Quest, 2(IV), 3(VI), and 7 then stopped, also other early rpgs that I can't remember,
command & conquers and red alerts, tiny tank, other war vehicle games,
call of duty (likes ww2 ones better than modern but still plays modern ones, now battlefields,
uncharted series and tomb raiders (especially early ones),
star wars galaxies for years, SWTOR for a lil bit, star wars alliance, roque squadron, several other sw.

MOM:

Played Star Wars Galaxies for years and years,
Some old bass fishing game on SNeS,
Final Fantasy X and 12 (loved 10),
Diner Dash, Cake Mania, Chocolateer,
Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Skyrim,