By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games your parents like/used to like?

My dad really liked F-Zero X because he's a big fan of F-1 and hard rock. I can't think of anything else other than that right now. I guess my parents are just too old for video games.

Around the Network

I don't think my mother ever played video game. Only game I remember my father playing was Uridium on C64 back in 80s.

Halo and COD 3 were the only games i could get dad to play. My mom loves Sims.

My memory might be failing me, but I remember playing Crash Bandicoot Racing with my parents. They always say they used Intellivision/Collecovision and Atari, but no specific games.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Mom:

Tekken all versions since Tekken 2

DarkStone

Syphon Filter all versions.

Final Fantasy 12 - her favorite and she beat every guest.

Resogun

She has beaten all of these games.

Around the Network

My dad was never a huge fan of games, but he used to play the hell out of Tetris when he was in his 20s.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

My dad likes sims. Not The Sims mind you; simulations, flight and racing. He used to play arcade and action games, but that was long ago on old computers.

My mom likes puzzle games. That's pretty much all she'll play when she does play games. Games aren't and weren't much her thing, but I think she keeps busy pretty well with the things she does now after having retired.

My mother's a huge fan of Pac-Man and the Donkey Kong Country games.

My dad was born in 1948 and my mom was born in 1954. They were already fully grown adults before gaming became a thing. Now I did hear that my dad may have played Pac-Man at one time and I know that my mom used to play the Oregon Trail and Oregon Trail II on our Performa Macintosh but that was almost 20 years ago.

When I has a kid, for the most part, parents playing games was almost unheard of. Video games were foreign to them. That's why many of them felt disturbed seeing their kids stare at the television screen for hours while playing a game but seemed to have no objections to their kids watching TV all day. They knew what TV was. But they didn't know anything about gaming.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Neither of them play games anymore AFAIK but my mum really liked the original Prince of Persia which she completed. Still knows the levels quite well. My dad likes Age of Empires 1, I saw the icon on his laptop not too long ago .