By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games your parents like/used to like?

Do your parents play video-games? Or used to play?

My mom used to love platform and cooperative games on my old SNES. She also likes racing games like Mario Kart. We still play Mario Kart Wii sometimes. My dad is not very addicted to games, but he used to like Side Pocket and recently he played a bit of Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 with me.

Here is the list:

My mom:

- Raiden Trad (SNES)

- Super Mario All-Stars (SNES)

- Goof Troop (SNES)

- Side Pocket (SNES / NES)

- Mario Kart 64 (N64)

- Mario Kart Wii (Wii) - We still play it sometimes

My Dad:

- Side Pocket (SNES / NES)

- TMNT IV: Turtles in Time (SNES)

- Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 (PC)

Around the Network

My parents never play video games, and I believe my mom has never in her life touched a controller or joystick or anything of the sort. I know my dad used to play arcade games as a teenager, like Pac-Man, which as I remember, is one he is good at.

bet: lost

I asked my dad a while ago about if he ever played any video games, and he told me that whilehe went to police school, he used to go to an arcade and play this racing game once a day or so, and that he was really good at it. Had some high scores even. He didn't remember the name though.

My mother used to play Super Mario Bros 3 with me, when I was a kiddo!

Funny how she stopped playing altogether one day, but then years later she would try New Super Mario Bros and got addicted again for like two months. (Then stopped playing, once again).

She also screwed up one of my Final Fantasy VII playthroughs, but at least she tried beating Jenova

My dad plays Forza from time to time.

My mom loves Mario Kart, Splatoon (and will play Mario Kart, and always takes her time out of the day to watch me or my sister play Splatoon)

My dad is the same but he used to play Doom and Duke Nukem back in the ol'days. And we used to watch him.. ah good memories lol

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

My mother never played anything. My father did at times..

He loved Dr.Mario and he also enjoyed Rygar (I dont know why, he is not in to those games at all) and not only that he came further than me in the game. Still to this date my biggest dissapointment in my gaming career lol.

I think those two games are the only two console games I have seen him play more than just a few times. As for PC I know he loved and played a game called supaplex.. some sort of pacman/puzzle game.

My parents grew up in the time when video games didn't exist.
My mom now plays MahJong or Solitaire on her laptop. My dad still doesn't have a clue that video games exist.

My dad is really old, so he didn't grow up with video games.
He really likes The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Portal, and The Witcher series, inexplicably.
He seemed to be really interested in both The Last of Us and Bloodborne when I was playing them, but he's never used a controller, so it would probably be hard to get him to play the former and impossible to get him to play the latter.

None of my parents are gamers, though I ounce got my dad to play God Of War: Chains of Olympus ( Which he didn't like at all ) and Burnout:Legends ( Which he actually played a couple of times, since he enjoyed the game ). He also was addicted to some pinball game on his phone a couple of months ago .

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

My dad used to play Pong & Pitfall on Atari 2600 with my uncles(his brothers).