By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What is your opinion on the "Ashley Madison Hack"?

What is your opinion on the Ashley Madison Hack?

Website is at fault 10 3.36%

Website and users are at fault 34 11.41%

Everyone subject to hacking is a victim 44 14.77%

All cheaters should get screwed 75 25.17%

Cheating is no big deal, ... 8 2.68%

I hope I am not among the names leaked 11 3.69%

I keep my Love Pillow awa... 1 0.34%

Hackers, cheaters and the... 30 10.07%

The people cheated on and... 41 13.76%

I don't care. 44 14.77%

Total:298
Soundwave said:
LivingMetal said:

Nope.  if you're too ashamed of your own actions, then just don't do it.  Now, you're the one playing "morality police."  See how that works...?

Except hacking is against the law. There is no law against cheating (sorry), so legally that has no basis. It's your moral outrage about it, but it's not against the law, if it was like half the population would be in jail. Humans are not by their nature a monogamous species. Sorry if that breaks the Hallmark card image of what a relationship should be. 

What's legal isn't always moral, and what's illegal isn't always immoral.  And I never said hacking wasn't illegal or immoral.  Also, my commited wife of 20+ years just bought me a new Mazda 6 2016.  Paid in full.  And we has sex two nights ago, not last night. Life sucks. Maybe I need a Hallmark sympathy card.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
LivingMetal said:

There is something called divorce. Far better than suicide.

Which is ridiculously slanted in favor of women. A man basically stands to lose half his net worth and at best probably can get partial custody of his kids (ie: gets to see them on the weekends), even if his wife is a loveless, nagging vamp of a person. 

What about couples who decide to work through infidelity too? Do they deserve to have their details made public? Do their kids deserve to go through that?

For what reason? Because this hacker's girlfriend probably was fucking some other dude (likely because he himself is a pussy). To me it doesn't square. You don't get to play moral police to thousands of couples because your own insecure ego was hurt, which is likely exactly what happened here. 

So suicide is better than this..?

LivingMetal said:
Soundwave said:

Except hacking is against the law. There is no law against cheating (sorry), so legally that has no basis. It's your moral outrage about it, but it's not against the law, if it was like half the population would be in jail. Humans are not by their nature a monogamous species. Sorry if that breaks the Hallmark card image of what a relationship should be. 

What's legal isn't always moral, and what's illegal isn't always immoral.  And I never said hacking wasn't illegal or immoral.  Also, my commited wife of 20+ years just bought me a new Mazda 6 2016.  Paid in full.  And we has sex two nights ago, not last night. Life sucks.

That's kinda of why have things called "laws" ... and a "legal process". Otherwise you'd have 10 different idiots trying to inject their version of "morality" on everyone else. 

Relationships are not a "one size fits all" type thing either. People need to stop acting like what applies to them should apply to every other person on the planet. 

:::Double Post:::

LivingMetal said:
Puppyroach said:
I loathe cheating but I loathe self proclaimed"moral" hackers way more. There have been already two confirmed cases of suicides following this hack and sell extortion cases. So what these hackers did was to cause even more pain and despair. What if one of these suicides was a person in a miserable relationship who just wanted a way out? These hackers should get many, MANY years behind bars.

That was the laziest argument so far in this thread. Do you really think reality is that simple? There is something called empathy and peoples emotion that is a lot more complicated than just giving a simple answer to a complicated matter.

Around the Network

its being played up by the media to plant the seed of temptation in the minds of the public

thus driving the wedge between men and women a little bit deeper

Puppyroach said:
LivingMetal said:

That was the laziest argument so far in this thread. Do you really think reality is that simple? There is something called empathy and peoples emotion that is a lot more complicated than just giving a simple answer to a complicated matter.

Like I said earlier, better that suicide.

Soundwave said:
LivingMetal said:

What's legal isn't always moral, and what's illegal isn't always immoral.  And I never said hacking wasn't illegal or immoral.  Also, my commited wife of 20+ years just bought me a new Mazda 6 2016.  Paid in full.  And we has sex two nights ago, not last night. Life sucks.

That's kinda of why have things called "laws" ... and a "legal process". Otherwise you'd have 10 different idiots trying to inject their version of "morality" on everyone else. 

Relationships are not a "one size fits all" type thing either. People need to stop acting like what applies to them should apply to every other person on the planet. 

Here was my original post...

"All actions have consequences. If you cannot deal with the potential outcome, don't commit the action."

So whatever you're reading from me is all made up just because I've made a perfectly valid point that you cannot successful argue.  So here's a little something for you...

Is this Hallmark enough for you?

Protendo said:
2 wrongs don't make a right.

The true victims are the spouses.

Do you really feel they were better off not knowing their partners were lying to them and cheating on them? ..... and paying money for the service from their households.

I think the hack really should be an eye opener to people who think that cheating could be fine if a website on the Internet tells you to do it, surely those people figured out back in the 90s that they didn't get a bigger penis, fill their bank accounts with funds from their Nigerian Royalty relatives or Get to download and print out medication for free!!!!!

Hacking in general I have issues with, for reasons. But this site and its customers needed a wake up call as to what they were doing being wrong, if you've ever heard anything from the CEO married couple who run the site... you'd want to see them getting hacked like.... a lot.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

CladInShadows said:
The hackers are at fault. The website is negligent. The users of the Ashley Madison service are 100% victims.

All the "holier than thou" moral police who think these people deserved their fate are disgusting people. Mind your own business and realize that people were victims of a crime. Last I checked, infidelity wasn't a crime, while hacking and stealing sensitive information most certainly is.

So do you believe no one should face negative consequences for their actions?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.