By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - There are officially seven Wii U games for 2016 so far (not including indies)

Samus Aran said:
Why are we comparing Zelda (action adventure) to Until Dawn (survival horror), Horizon (action rpg) and Uncharted (third person shooter)?

This is a Wii U thread, go talk about PS4 exclusives elsewhere.

Zelda is on the list of 2016 games (even though it's not confirmed 2016). People were using it as the hype center for this list. I am wondering why seeing as how we seen less of zelda than others (like until dawn)

this isn't me promoting ps4, this is me wondering why people are so hyped on such a lackluster list.

Around the Network
midrange said:
Samus Aran said:
Why are we comparing Zelda (action adventure) to Until Dawn (survival horror), Horizon (action rpg) and Uncharted (third person shooter)?

Zelda is on the list of 2016 games (even though it's not confirmed 2016). People were using it as the hype center for this list. I am wondering why seeing as how we seen less of zelda than others (like until dawn)

this isn't me promoting ps4, this is me wondering why people are so hyped on such a lackluster list.

Yeah, I was also talking to the guy who started it. It's silly to say Zelda alone can compete with the entire PS4 exclusive line-up.

I'm personally pretty hyped for Pokkén Tournament, Genei Ibun Roku #FE and Zelda U. Pokkén Tournament because it's a gorgeous HD action Pokémon game, Genei Ibun Roku because it takes place in modern day Tokyo and has a beautiful artstyle and Zelda U because it's Zelda. Then I'll also get Yo-kai Watch (2016 for Europe) and Fire Emblem: Fates on the 3DS. That's 6 games for now, one every 2 months. Might buy more depending on future announcements.

Samus Aran said:
midrange said:
Samus Aran said:

Yeah, I was also talking to the guy who started it. It's silly to say Zelda alone can compete with the entire PS4 exclusive line-up.

I'm personally pretty hyped for Pokkén Tournament, Genei Ibun Roku #FE and Zelda U. Pokkén Tournament because it's a gorgeous HD action Pokémon game, Genei Ibun Roku because it takes place in modern day Tokyo and has a beautiful artstyle and Zelda U because it's Zelda. Then I'll also get Yo-kai Watch (2016 for Europe) and Fire Emblem: Fates on the 3DS. That's 6 games for now, one every 2 months. Might buy more depending on future announcements.

It's the idea of liking zelda u because it's zelda is what baffles me most. Sure nintendo has a good track record, but this is still their first attempt at hd openworld.

pokken tournament looks solid, and an argument can be made for smt x fe, but are the rest really worthwhile to get hyped over?

It annoys me because even the wii u has had far better years than this upcoming one. At this point, I'm not sure I'll get a wii u game next year. For comparison, I bought at least 4 last year and 5 the year before that

midrange said:
It's the idea of liking zelda u because it's zelda is what baffles me most. Sure nintendo has a good track record, but this is still their first attempt at hd openworld.

pokken tournament looks solid, and an argument can be made for smt x fe, but are the rest really worthwhile to get hyped over?

It annoys me because even the wii u has had far better years than this upcoming one. At this point, I'm not sure I'll get a wii u game next year. For comparison, I bought at least 4 last year and 5 the year before that

No, it's not. Xenoblade Chronicles X is.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

honestly thats more than i thought

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Ehh, list isn't that appealing to me. I'll get Zelda though.

midrange said:
Mbolibombo said:

When did we actually haver a bad main Zelda game? Oh that's right, it never happend. Ofc it will be good.

Isnt Until Dawn just around the corner? So that would not really count. And in my eyes a new ip (despite it looking awesome) and Uncharted is not enought to take down the Zelda hypetrain for me.

When did we get a seamless open world zelda, or an HD Mainline zelda game? That's right, never. The game may be good, but I am not gonna say so on blind faith alone. There are many ways Nintendo can fuck up Zelda and until they show more footage, I will be skeptical

uncharted 4 and horizon on the other hand have shown more footage and technical mastery than zelda. I simply can't understand zelda hype over both uncharted 4 and horizon given the little amount we've seen about zelda

That is what 30 years of excellency does. Zelda crosses new borders every single release and hasnt failed yet, no reason to believe they will now. Every time they have explored something new with a Zelda game it has freaking delivered and wowed us. Safe enough for me to have blind faith in this game.

Uncharted 4 will give us another experience just like the previous 3 and it will most likely be great (this game is why I bought a PS4), as for Horizon we havnt seen that much of and it comes from a developer making average FPS games. Though what we have seen so far makes me believe it could be a very cool game but their track record doesnt exactly say so. 

midrange said:
Mbolibombo said:

When did we actually haver a bad main Zelda game? Oh that's right, it never happend. Ofc it will be good.

Isnt Until Dawn just around the corner? So that would not really count. And in my eyes a new ip (despite it looking awesome) and Uncharted is not enought to take down the Zelda hypetrain for me.

When did we get a seamless open world zelda, or an HD Mainline zelda game? That's right, never. The game may be good, but I am not gonna say so on blind faith alone. There are many ways Nintendo can fuck up Zelda and until they show more footage, I will be skeptical

uncharted 4 and horizon on the other hand have shown more footage and technical mastery than zelda. I simply can't understand zelda hype over both uncharted 4 and horizon given the little amount we've seen about zelda

Zelda is probably game series with longest constant high quality games on market, almost 30 years. First Zelda was released in 1986" and from that point every home console Zelda game was very high quality game and evry gen one of the best game in own generation.

Zelda becoming 3D was much bigger challenge and difference than going HD, open world game. And guess what, that first 3D Zelda become one of the best games on the world ever.

So it very logical that people are expecting again very high quality game, and after we got some infos and screens, people are expecting that this game will be very quality game even for Zelda standard. And thats all reasons why people are expecting around 95 Metascore for Zelda U.

So 7 games so far, I expecting at 2-3 more unannounced Nintendo games and one or two unannounced exclusive,
so later we can say that Nintendo support Wii U full 4 years.

Nintyfan90 said:
FinalFantasyer said:

Most of those didn't come with any release windows. Does it matter tho? It proves Ninty is no better than Square or some other developers as far as announcing games too early is concerned. Remember the Skyward Sword fiasco? Yeah. 

Those games came with hopeful release years, and why bring up a game from 4 years ago lol. It does matter because their not announcing games just to announce games like Square or Sony. Those companies INTENTIONALLY announce games and don't even give you a year. Ninty has clearly adopted a philosophy of announcing games within the year or atleast try I should say. Its understandable why both companies do what they do. Ninty has to have games every year for obvious reasons, Sony on the other hand can take their precious time.

The games i just listed prove otherwise. I doubt they would announce those games just for fun. The fact they had to delay most of them so many times just proves that the games were announced way too early and were only announced so early to show off.