By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - There are officially seven Wii U games for 2016 so far (not including indies)

I'm impressed. The only game I'm really interested in from that list is something I'm concerned with regarding its length, which is Illusory Revelations #FE.
I was actually hoping Xenoblade X would help tide me over, but I don't like what I'm hearing generally from Ryuzaki57 and someone on 8chan. So, what on earth am I going to play if Nintendo isn't going to reprint Pikmin 3?

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network

wait.. this thread is supposed to be a positive one?

All of them will be cross gen

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

This thread makes me sad. Zelda U still isn't actually confirmed for 2016, although we can presume it's likely coming because otherwise what the hell is Nintendo doing. Pokken will probably be pretty kay. Otherwise the rest of the list includes a title delayed so hard (maybe not delayed, but rather it seems like it went through some level of development hell), it's hardly going to register on any radars except those that are fans of the two niche series that make it up when it finally releases. Nobody cares about the Mario & Sonic at What Have You Games 20XX. Mighty No 9 looks like it will be, at best, incredibly average. Honestly, Project Treasure looks like ass to me, but that may just be me. The Just Dance one is seriously reaching since that will never be leaving Japan and the Wii U is region locked, ignoring the fact that it's a mix of Just Dance and another series that has yet to get its chance to make a splash outside of Japan.

Wii U has a really weak 2016 ahead at this point in time. The fact that this thread exists at all is a testament to the fact that at least some Wii U owners are desperate to prove that Nintendo isn't slowly plunging the knife into the twitching, barely living body of their failed system. I guess this is the denial stage. One step closer to acceptance.

i want them all! Ok maybe not Yokai just dance

Switch!!!

Around the Network
TheWPCTraveler said:
I'm impressed. The only game I'm really interested in from that list is something I'm concerned with regarding its length, which is Illusory Revelations #FE.
I was actually hoping Xenoblade X would help tide me over, but I don't like what I'm hearing generally from Ryuzaki57 and someone on 8chan. So, what on earth am I going to play if Nintendo isn't going to reprint Pikmin 3?

Tachi said it was the best game from this gen or something along those lines.

Samus Aran said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

Tachi said it was the best game from this gen or something along those lines.

All you really had to do was check the name he called to understand why he got this impression. He needs to learn to not listen to certain individuals when it comes to nintendo related products.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Miyamotoo said:
midrange said:

When did we get a seamless open world zelda, or an HD Mainline zelda game? That's right, never. The game may be good, but I am not gonna say so on blind faith alone. There are many ways Nintendo can fuck up Zelda and until they show more footage, I will be skeptical

uncharted 4 and horizon on the other hand have shown more footage and technical mastery than zelda. I simply can't understand zelda hype over both uncharted 4 and horizon given the little amount we've seen about zelda

Zelda is probably game series with longest constant high quality games on market, almost 30 years. First Zelda was released in 1986" and from that point every home console Zelda game was very high quality game and evry gen one of the best game in own generation.

Zelda becoming 3D was much bigger challenge and difference than going HD, open world game. And guess what, that first 3D Zelda become one of the best games on the world ever.

So it very logical that people are expecting again very high quality game, and after we got some infos and screens, people are expecting that this game will be very quality game even for Zelda standard. And thats all reasons why people are expecting around 95 Metascore for Zelda U.

But in every instance, a zelda home console was able to revolutionize or pioneer something compared to other games of its times. Ocarina of time pioneered 3d, skyward sword did motion controls, wind waker was excellent with cell shading and a great feeling of open world. But for zelda u, tablet gaming has been exhausted over the past few years, witcher and far cry seem to be making a more seamless yet detailed open world, and the wii u's tech isn't promising. Coupled with the fact that this is Nintendo's first open world hd game, I simply can't say zelda will be that great without more footage.

Mbolibombo said:
midrange said:

When did we get a seamless open world zelda, or an HD Mainline zelda game? That's right, never. The game may be good, but I am not gonna say so on blind faith alone. There are many ways Nintendo can fuck up Zelda and until they show more footage, I will be skeptical

uncharted 4 and horizon on the other hand have shown more footage and technical mastery than zelda. I simply can't understand zelda hype over both uncharted 4 and horizon given the little amount we've seen about zelda

That is what 30 years of excellency does. Zelda crosses new borders every single release and hasnt failed yet, no reason to believe they will now. Every time they have explored something new with a Zelda game it has freaking delivered and wowed us. Safe enough for me to have blind faith in this game.

Uncharted 4 will give us another experience just like the previous 3 and it will most likely be great (this game is why I bought a PS4), as for Horizon we havnt seen that much of and it comes from a developer making average FPS games. Though what we have seen so far makes me believe it could be a very cool game but their track record doesnt exactly say so. 

Well, Nintendo had me believe they wouldn't mess up hd gaming, given their excellent track record with games, but before I knew it, most of their hd games either got reduced in size compared to their earlier counterparts, or delayed to oblivion.

if you want to have blind faith in a zelda game with little info, go for it. I will agree to disagree on what to expect

Paatar said:

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem - Announced at January 2013

Zelda U - Announced a long time ago and still no footage

Pokken Tournament - Arcade's port

Project Treasure - Third party

Mighty No. 9 - It's getting published and getting a physical copy, even though it started out as an indie. Which is why I am including this. - Third party

Mario & Sonic @ The 2016 Rio Olympic Games (god that's a mouthfull) - oh god...

Yokai Watch Just Dance (only confirmed for a Japanese release, but it still counts) - Spin-off

This is indeed the Wii U's last year.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile