By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - There are officially seven Wii U games for 2016 so far (not including indies)

midrange said:
ktay95 said:
Fuck yeah 7 whole games. I want to laugh at it but tbh its all we can expect from WiiU at this point, and people say it isnt a failure

I don't get how people can get hyped by this list. 7 games is really low, and not all of those games will be home runs. 2 are crowd funded, 1 is part of downhill franchise (mario and sonic), 1 will be free to play, and 1 isn't even confirmed for 2016 (zelda is tba). This is really low, even for wii u standards

Zelda alone is more hypeworthy than the entire 2016 PS4 catalouge (yeah it's coming next year..) Probably why people get hyped I guess. I will probably buy more PS4 games than Wii U games though but nothing compares to Zelda on the PS4 list even combined.

Around the Network
Mbolibombo said:
midrange said:

I don't get how people can get hyped by this list. 7 games is really low, and not all of those games will be home runs. 2 are crowd funded, 1 is part of downhill franchise (mario and sonic), 1 will be free to play, and 1 isn't even confirmed for 2016 (zelda is tba). This is really low, even for wii u standards

Zelda alone is more hypeworthy than the entire 2016 PS4 catalouge (yeah it's coming next year..) Probably why people get hyped I guess. I will probably buy more PS4 games than Wii U games though but nothing compares to Zelda on the PS4 list even combined.

I like zelda as much as the next guy, but we haven't seen much of zelda to actually say it will be a good game. Not only that, but Nintendo is not even confident to place it for 2016, which is why they probably didn't show it for e3.

In terms of comparisons, horizon seems to be a fierce open world competitor as a new colorful AAA ip sporting better graphics allowing for a better world to explore. Maybe zelda will beat horizon, but definitely not horizon, until dawn, and uncharted combined for hype.

Pokken Tournament and Zelda U will probably be all I buy. Maybe Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, but honestly I've lost hype for that after it being not mentioned for about a year and a half

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

midrange said:
Mbolibombo said:

I like zelda as much as the next guy, but we haven't seen much of zelda to actually say it will be a good game. Not only that, but Nintendo is not even confident to place it for 2016, which is why they probably didn't show it for e3.

In terms of comparisons, horizon seems to be a fierce open world competitor as a new colorful AAA ip sporting better graphics allowing for a better world to explore. Maybe zelda will beat horizon, but definitely not horizon, until dawn, and uncharted combined for hype.

They didn't show it at E3 because they wanted to focus on 2015 WiiU titles like Star Fox and Mario Maker. That's also why Pokken for the WiiU didn't get confirmed at E3.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
midrange said:

They didn't show it at E3 because they wanted to focus on 2015 WiiU titles like Star Fox and Mario Maker. That's also why Pokken for the WiiU didn't get confirmed at E3.

They showed smt x fe. Knowing they were going to have an abysmal e3, one would think they would make an exception for zelda, unless they didn't have better footage to show (which is what I am getting at).

Around the Network
midrange said:
AZWification said:

They showed smt x fe. Knowing they were going to have an abysmal e3, one would think they would make an exception for zelda, unless they didn't have better footage to show (which is what I am getting at).

Probably, but Zelda has been an October/November title for ages now. I just don't see the game coming out as late as November 2017 because that would simply be overkill.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Title says "not including indies" > Actual list includes Mighty No.9 > lol
Also, Zelda U is not confirmed for 2016. And Youkai Watch Dance is only confirmed for Japan for 2016, so why list Fire Emblem x SMT too, a Japan 2015 game, if you're going with a Japan release timetable? Or are you just trying to pad that Wii U list?

AZWification said:
midrange said:

Funny because they showed 10x as much 3DS content and games as Wii U ones at their E3 Direct. If they really wanted to "focus on 2015 WiiU titles like Star Fox and Mario Maker" they wouldn't have done that. They also wouldn't have shown FE x SMT. Zelda U would've made their E3 slightly better but obviously that's being saved for their NX reveal direct. 

FinalFantasyer said:
AZWification said:
midrange said:

Funny because they showed 10x as much 3DS content and games as Wii U ones at their E3 Direct. If they really wanted to "focus on 2015 WiiU titles like Star Fox and Mario Maker" they wouldn't have done that. They also wouldn't have shown FE x SMT. Zelda U would've made their E3 slightly better but obviously that's being saved for their NX reveal direct. 

They said 2015 and early 2016 titles.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

AZWification said:
midrange said:
AZWification said:

Probably, but Zelda has been an October/November title for ages now. I just don't see the game coming out as late as November 2017 because that would simply be overkill.

So we agree that if zelda comes 2016, it will be late 2016. I am saying that since they have it as tba and not 2016, it is possible they will delay it for 2017. Uncharted was delayed to early 2016, it wouldn't surprise me is zelda is delayed to early 2017