By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - There are officially seven Wii U games for 2016 so far (not including indies)

midrange said:
Miyamotoo said:

Zelda is probably game series with longest constant high quality games on market, almost 30 years. First Zelda was released in 1986" and from that point every home console Zelda game was very high quality game and evry gen one of the best game in own generation.

Zelda becoming 3D was much bigger challenge and difference than going HD, open world game. And guess what, that first 3D Zelda become one of the best games on the world ever.

So it very logical that people are expecting again very high quality game, and after we got some infos and screens, people are expecting that this game will be very quality game even for Zelda standard. And thats all reasons why people are expecting around 95 Metascore for Zelda U.

But in every instance, a zelda home console was able to revolutionize or pioneer something compared to other games of its times. Ocarina of time pioneered 3d, skyward sword did motion controls, wind waker was excellent with cell shading and a great feeling of open world. But for zelda u, tablet gaming has been exhausted over the past few years, witcher and far cry seem to be making a more seamless yet detailed open world, and the wii u's tech isn't promising. Coupled with the fact that this is Nintendo's first open world hd game, I simply can't say zelda will be that great without more footage.

Twilight Princess did not revolutionize or pioneer something compared to other games of its times and again was one of the best games that generation. So I dont think that game needs to revolutionize or pioneer something compared to other games of its times to be great, and Zelda itself is very difrent game compared to any other game, and even Zelda U graphically is looking very different than any other game.

In Zelda games you dont have only one thing that make Zelda games great, Zelda games are excellent as a whole (gameplay, art style, music, atmosphere, world, characters...), so I dont see like a problem if some other games have more seamless yet detailed open world than Zelda U.

I dont see how that Zelda is first Zelda HD game can affect on game itself (even if Zelda team after WW HD said that they learned lot of things that can use in ZeldaU), this gen we already saw lots of great Nintendo first HD games that are even better than previous games in SD, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Yoshi Woolly World...

For me Zelda series is only series from which I can always can expect great new games even I don't know nothing about new game itself, it was like that last 30 years, but after we got some infos and screens about Zelda U, I expecting that this game will be one of the best Zelda games.

Around the Network

How many Wii U games where announced for 2014 around the same time last year? I can think of Yoshi, Kirby, Splatoon, Xenoblade Cronicles X, Mario Party 10... and that's about it, really. So even less games where confirmed for 2015 release at the same time back then (I'm not counting Starfox since it was unclear when that game would come, no devil's third or SMTxFE since nobody knew if the games even where still in development at the time and no Fatal Frame since no western release was very probable back then)

So no, just 7 games yet is not quite as bad as some people think it is, we had worse and just look at the fall/holiday launch window how it turned out in the end.

midrange said:
Mbolibombo said:

That is what 30 years of excellency does. Zelda crosses new borders every single release and hasnt failed yet, no reason to believe they will now. Every time they have explored something new with a Zelda game it has freaking delivered and wowed us. Safe enough for me to have blind faith in this game.

Uncharted 4 will give us another experience just like the previous 3 and it will most likely be great (this game is why I bought a PS4), as for Horizon we havnt seen that much of and it comes from a developer making average FPS games. Though what we have seen so far makes me believe it could be a very cool game but their track record doesnt exactly say so. 

Well, Nintendo had me believe they wouldn't mess up hd gaming, given their excellent track record with games, but before I knew it, most of their hd games either got reduced in size compared to their earlier counterparts, or delayed to oblivion.

if you want to have blind faith in a zelda game with little info, go for it. I will agree to disagree on what to expect

NIntendo before also had delayed their games, especially Zelda games, but what exactly their Wii U games had reduced in size!?

NSMBU, Pikmin 3, Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Yoshi Woolly World, Xenoblade X...only what come to my mind is maybe Kirby and that Animal Crossing board game, we dont still know enough about Star Fox, and we already saw Zelda U and is looking huge and Nintendo stated that they are aiming for ultimate and best Zelda experience and that Zelda U will be Zelda game that they always wanted to make but they didn't because of hardware limits.

If you have constant high quality game over 30 years and new game looks promising even for Zelda standards, its not blind faith if you expecting great game once again, it's common sense.

You can add Lego Marvel Avengers and Terraria (which appears to be getting a retail release via 505 Games).

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Guys, it's worth noting that just because an indie got a physical release doesn't mean it is no longer indie. It just means it's an indie that got a physical release.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer said:
How many Wii U games where announced for 2014 around the same time last year? I can think of Yoshi, Kirby, Splatoon, Xenoblade Cronicles X, Mario Party 10... and that's about it, really. So even less games where confirmed for 2015 release at the same time back then (I'm not counting Starfox since it was unclear when that game would come, no devil's third or SMTxFE since nobody knew if the games even where still in development at the time and no Fatal Frame since no western release was very probable back then)

So no, just 7 games yet is not quite as bad as some people think it is, we had worse and just look at the fall/holiday launch window how it turned out in the end.

Devils third should count given that it was on Nintendo's official e3 page as 2016. Zelda is tba and not 2016 so if star fox doesn't count then neither should zelda. And you forgot super mario maker.

not only that, but all games announced were solely nintendo. This list goes beyond just nintendo to include 2 crowd funded game and a Sega game.

sooo... Next year looks pretty bleak