By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U hardware estimates up

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:
Can someone post the exact sales splatoon had for both months?

Will Splatoon do over 100k? Maybe reach closer to 200k :p

Closer to 200k?

Look who is having a ball lol. Yeah wasn't close but it's still inkredible legs. Oh I admit I was wrong if I didn't make it clear lol

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Closer to 200k?

Look who is having a ball lol. Yeah wasn't close but it's still inkredible legs. Oh I admit I was wrong if I didn't make it clear lol

I predicted 100k so i wasn't so off.

Splatoon sold more in Japan than in the US in July.

That trend should continue.

KyleeStrutt said:
Splatoon sold more in Japan than in the US in July.

That trend should continue.

Hard to say, Splatoon in May sold better in Japan, in June in the US, now again in Japan.

I think in August will sell more in Japan, by September i see Splatoon to doing better in the US ( definitively will do better in the US during November with Black Friday )

ZhugeEX said:
binary solo said:

150% of ~11 million is ~16.5 million. Unless the actual PS360 figure is 10.8M in which case it's 16.2M, or if the real difference is 47%. 16.2M figure would make PS4 ~250K, which is a reasonable sounding number.

The quote from NPD says "close to50%" not exactly, or above, or more than, but nearly/close to.

The numbers i've posted are rounded to nearest 100k. They are correct. 

How can 16.2M be correct to withing 100K when all we have to go on is "close to 50%". You're basically pegging the "close to" actual % to be between 46.8% and 47.8%. So you're operating on a 1% range when there is at least a 2.5% or 3% range within which the actual % could possibly sit.

The max range is 16.497M (exactly 50%) down to 16.155M (PS4 only beating Xb one in July by 1K). The only thing we know for sure is that the PS4bone cume is within that range, we don't have enough solid data be be more accurate than that. We can surmise that the most likely number ofr PS4 is between 200K and 250K, just based on the factors influencing sales in July. But we don't know for sure. We can also surmise that if PS4 was waaay ahead of Xb one Sony would have said something more than it did regarding relative sales, like "almost 2:1" or "50% more than Xb one". So we can be pretty confident the gap isn't massive. But that still leaves a reasonable bit of room to move. 16.2M is the MPN rounded to the nearest 100K. But it's not the "correct" number, yet.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Here's the GAF thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095924

I got some laughs reading through that. 

Protendo said:
NobleTeam360 said:
Destiny in the top 10 and did the best on Xbox One. Surprising. Anyway, congrats to Sony on another month on top.

Why is it suprising? PSN had Destiny on sale digitally for a good chunk of the time. Buy the deluxe version on sale for $35 or spend more physically.

I don't have a PS4 right now so I wouldn't know that.

God of War III sold less than 60k? OUCH!

Splatoon over 70k ( retail, with digital we already know is at 85k )

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175361337&postcount=449
God of War III

Splatoon over 70,000
The Witcher 3 under 60,000
God of War III under 50,000