By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U hardware estimates up

binary solo said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
STOP TAGGING!

That being said I wonder about August. That TV deal vs. Until Dawn boost.

You're expecting an Until Dawn Boost? I'm not, well at least not any kind of boost similar to getting a $100 40" TV. Or is it buying a TV and getting a $100 Xbox one?

I like to think of it as the later.  MS has devalued Xbox to $100!

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

But so, will 3DS back to be up YOY next month?
seem that is about equal of what sold in 2014 ( 108k VS 108k ) and August 2014 was a kill month for 3DS, it was the month of the New 3DS annunced...

Yeah, i think 3DS will be easy over 91k next month ( what sold in 2014).

RolStoppable said:

That's all nice and fine, but you should seriously consider to make one or the other graph with the label "created for the cool guys on VGC", because the best we have right now is spurgeonryan... and well... you know...

I don't think he does.

Ryng_Tolu said:

Unrless another source:
PS4 = 565k

Huh?

CosmicSex said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Unrless another source:
PS4 = 565k

Huh?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7475762

Around the Network
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
binary solo said:

You're expecting an Until Dawn Boost? I'm not, well at least not any kind of boost similar to getting a $100 40" TV. Or is it buying a TV and getting a $100 Xbox one?

I like to think of it as the later.  MS has devalued Xbox to $100!

The timing of this bundle was very smart though. A very cheap option for students off to university. Pay, what $700 foir a 40"+PS4, or $500 for a 40"+Xb one. The choice is pretty obvious if you're on any sort of budget. Hell I would have a hard time opting for PS4 under those conditions.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Ryng_Tolu said:
CosmicSex said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Unrless another source:
PS4 = 565k

Huh?

I guess we don't understand your joke....unless there was something else in the thread that I missed, making up random numbers in an NPD thread is rather annoying.

Nevermind, read the thread and see that was some crazy math going on, hence the joke....carry on.

Just wait til the PS4 does get a price drop.I think MS is making a huge mistake only focusing on the fall instead of the entire year and announcing bundles ahead of time.Why would many people buy the console when they will get a better deal in the fall?If I wanted to buy one I would wait til the Halo bundle even though I don't care about the game just because it is exclusive and I would get all third party games on PS4.The Madden and Fifa bundles are pointless.

NewGuy said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
CosmicSex said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Unrless another source:
PS4 = 565k

Huh?

I guess we don't understand your joke....unless there was something else in the thread that I missed, making up random numbers in an NPD thread is rather annoying.

The total sales of PS4 and XBO are nearly 50% bigger than PS3 and 360 in the same point of the life.

That's mean nearly 16,498,000 unit for PS4 + XBO, and with PS4 at 8,272,000 by end of June, and XBO at 7,661,000, you have PS4 at nearly 565k in July.

But that's impossible, of course this increase is rounded by a lot...

Ryng_Tolu said:
NewGuy said:

The total sales of PS4 and XBO are nearly 50% bigger than PS3 and 360 in the same point of the life.

That's mean nearly 16,498,000 unit for PS4 + XBO, and with PS4 at 8,272,000 by end of June, and XBO at 7,661,000, you have PS4 at nearly 565k in July.

But that's impossible, of course this increase is rounded by a lot...

~16.2m Vs ~11.0m