By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2015 NPD Thread! PS4, XBO, Wii U hardware estimates up

Ryng_Tolu said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175361337&postcount=449
God of War III < 50k

They f***** up not making it a collection. I would have bought it day one if was. I'll still pick it up when drops down $15 or so, seeing has i never played the original. 

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
MoHasanie said:

Yikes! Hopefully Sony starts making less remasters. 

Not gonna happen.

I, for one, am glad. I hope for some 3rd party remasters though, specifically Bioshock trilogy, Fallout 3+NV, Elder Scroll (Skyrim + Oblivion), Civilization + XCOM, etc....and if I can be a bit greedy, L4D1 + 2 HD port (I know L4D was never on PS3).

GOW Remaster needed to be GOW3 + Ascension. GOW3 by itself never made sense to me.

Dat Wii beasting. lol.

BraLoD said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Dat Wii beasting. lol.

Will be the total opposite in some years, dat drop

Don't worry, even after the dropped, PS4 will not even close Wii sales lifetime in the US.

Lol, Wii in 2011 ( the "famous" dropped year) has sold more than PS4 in 2014 and 2015 so far!!!!!!!

2008ProchargedGT said:
PS4 up YoY pretty nice. X1 more than I expected

The big question is: TTK+MGS5 (2015) > Destiny (2014)? September was the first really big month of 2014, and it's the beginning of being able to have some idea whether PS4 will end the year up YoY or down.

I don't think Madden will be all that big for August. It's the second Madden of the generation, and it's still on last gen consoles. 

Good to finally have the hardware confirmed. 29K difference makes it another pretty close month.

Wow! Just noticed Wii U massively down YoY. Splatoon is selling great as its own thing, but nothing pushes Nintendo Hardware like Mario. I guess also back in June/July 2014 people still had hope for Wii U long term. Now people aren't seeing much hope and they're just waiting on NX news.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
BraLoD said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Dat Wii beasting. lol.

Don't worry, even after the dropped, PS4 will not even close Wii sales lifetime in the US.

Lol, Wii in 2011 ( the "famous" dropped year) has sold more than PS4 in 2014 and 2015 so far!!!!!!!

Why would we worry?  Where's the Wii U overlay?

mornelithe said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

the wor is Wii VS PS4 in the discussion, if you don't like it, go out.

Ryng_Tolu said:
mornelithe said:

Open thread, sorry, if you don't like it...deal with it :)

mornelithe said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Open thread, sorry, if you don't like it...deal with it :)

No, because we was talking about PS4 VS Wii sales, we already know the crappy sales of Wii U and nobody think will sell more than PS4, but there are some people that predict PS4 above Wii or Wii above PS4, so make sense talk about this, and no offense, but who called you? lol.

Ryng_Tolu said:
BraLoD said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Dat Wii beasting. lol.

Are you sure about that? If projections are 100 million for PS4, which seems reasonable unless the wheels fall off the hype train (i.e. Uncharted 4 is crap and TLOU2 gets cancelled), then 41 million in the USA seems like quite an achievable number for PS4. Though because of the wider sales spread for PS consoles around the world 41 million in the USA probably would mean 120 million worldwide. I don't think PS4 will get that high, especially not with the generation likely to be shortened by both Nintendo and MS releasing 9th gen hardware sooner rather than later.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix