By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider Gamescom Demo

pokoko said:
Anyone else really bothered by her zero gravity hair? That's kind of awful. I'd rather have the starched hair of the past return, simply because it's less distracting. Can the hair be "turned off"?

I do love that she actually dives into the water, though. Such a little thing but it looks cool.

i don't like the hair work too, it just doesn't make sense when dirt all over her yet the hair still so silky smooth, prefer the original reboot version muddy looking starched hair too...

Around the Network

I don't like the narrative talking to self stuff, it reminds me of poor american TV writing... CSI type show... I'm going to do A, B C now because the audience won't be intelligent enough to work out what it all means so i need to tell them.

It did look a much better demo though, very nice indeed. Also seems less grainy than some of the ones they have show, the distant city (where she just stands up after falling) looked awesome.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Looks great, could be (one of) the game(s) to get an Xbox One for. Nonetheless, I hope they are still not done especially refining the hair-tech and overall animations, and I don't mean the usual polishing prior release. Could live with those animations, though, but definitely not with the free-floating hair.

It looks good, but after seeing that extended UC4 demo, all I can do is compare the two, and a lot of this looks outdated by comparison...

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Lol at the pickaxe in the beginning (after the car explosion). Where did it come from, and how did it magically appear in her hand? Then when she falls down and hit the ledge it magically appears at the side of her leg...

Bad attention to detail is bad..

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

Who said the graphics of this game were unimpressive? Because in this video it looks oustanding

The game overall looks great, if it´s nearly as good as the previous one then XBO owners will be very happy very soon.

How do the graphics compair to the last Tomb Raider game?  Does it look like a newer game?

For example AC4 looked good, but AC Unity, when it runs, looks much better.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Looks good
Is this game the follow up of Tomb Raider 2012 ??

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Zappykins said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Who said the graphics of this game were unimpressive? Because in this video it looks oustanding

The game overall looks great, if it´s nearly as good as the previous one then XBO owners will be very happy very soon.

How do the graphics compair to the last Tomb Raider game?  Does it look like a newer game?

For example AC4 looked good, but AC Unity, when it runs, looks much better.

Yes it looks like a new game, I was playing Tomb Raider recently on my PC and the quality of this one is clearly superior, the previous was so good looking than maybe the evolution is not as impressive, but is remarkable.

I would like that games like these had an option for using the cloud to make the game world even more impressive, even though this still looks amazing.

I'm not really fond of the falling rocks that magically disappear once they've fallen, or the speed at which water fills that room after she breaks that wall with the pickaxe, especially in this day and age.

But those are the only things that bothered me from this demo. It looks really good and seems to run quite well.

I really enjoyed the reboot, and will be enjoying this one either when I finally get a XBO, probably early next year, or on the PS4 if it comes out before I finally get a XBO.