By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Police officer: "Tase first, ask questions later."

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Nem said:

I think his definition is totally wrong. Policeman are the protectors of civil order. Its easy to understand that because bandits can be citizens aswell. They dont simply protect the citizens. That is a bad definition. The people who protect the citizens would be the military, but they only intervene in war situations.

At any rate, acting agressively towards a policeman is giving him green light to enact his prime directive. Keep orderly and you will be perfectly fine.

That's pretty naive. The real trick is to not be suspicious, which is a lot harder than it seems because suspiciousness depends on the officer.

Beeing orderly is not the same as beeing suspicious. If you behave orderly, the policeman will not use force. If he is suspicious he will give you intructions to follow. If you are orderly you will follow them and force wont be used.

Around the Network

The training video I saw when I was a cop in the police academy: some old white guy gets out of a truck, acts irate, dances a jig (yes, a fucking jig) goes into his truck, takes out a rifle and proceeds to kill the officer. All over a speeding ticket.

Fuck that old asshole in the op. He was looking for trouble.

WolfpackN64 said:
pokoko said:
WolfpackN64 said:

They have Police Batton's for a reason -.-

If you're in a situation where someone is coming at you in anger and they might or might not have a knife or a gun, what are you going to do?  Pull out a taser or a stick?  

How about people simply not be fucking stupid in the first place?  Wouldn't that be so much better?  Why is that too much to ask?  

Any police officer with decent training would first pull out a batton at an unarmed person. First try to defuse the situation, only then you opt for self defense

Gtfo with that bullshit.  Where are you getting this from?  I've personally seen situations go to shit in seconds.  I swear, I don't belong in this thread.  Not right now.

pokoko said:
I have NO problem with this. Don't jump out your car, point your hand at a cop, then walk toward them aggressively while yelling. He's lucky it wasn't a whole lot worse.

So what you are saying is that it is ok for police officers to be incompetent? Because a properly trained police officer would never need a taser in that situation.

Yes Lets wait till the crazy old man rants even more in anger and pulls a gun out and then you may taze him.. Cop made a split second decision to taze the guy before thing could escalate.. Good for the cop.. Sure the old man probably wouldn't have driven back into traffic with high speed and anger endangering the public or start shooting. But we all have seen it going to worse before.. And the cop didn't want to take a chance..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

The way people are nowadays I really don't see an issue with what the Police Officer did as an adult male who was clearly angry and shown aggressive body language was heading towards him. Seems to me people try to find something wrong with anything an officer does and while sure there are some bad apples in the bunch, doesn't mean you should group them all together.

Nem said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

That's pretty naive. The real trick is to not be suspicious, which is a lot harder than it seems because suspiciousness depends on the officer.

Beeing orderly is not the same as beeing suspicious. If you behave orderly, the policeman will not use force. If he is suspicious he will give you intructions to follow. If you are orderly you will follow them and force wont be used.

Police will use force if they percieve you as a threat, which is their responsibility. Being orderly does not mean you won't be seen as a threat.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Puppyroach said:
pokoko said:
I have NO problem with this. Don't jump out your car, point your hand at a cop, then walk toward them aggressively while yelling. He's lucky it wasn't a whole lot worse.

So what you are saying is that it is ok for police officers to be incompetent? Because a properly trained police officer would never need a taser in that situation.

View on YouTube

Actually, it seems the officer in the OP played by the rules. He isn't a bad cop even in the eyes of the police department....

Worth noting the department giving the training above has a record low number of officers involved-shootings as it says int he description:

"the Richmond police department, in California – which has had a record-low number of officer-involved shootings"

imagine what kind of training the others give....

HoloDust said:
onionberry said:

Like my dad says: "If you know that cops are assholes, don't be an asshole with them"

Sound advice - considering that a lot of them are ignorant, arrogant and/or corrupt tugs with badges.

Then again, there are cops like this one:

That was absolutely awesome.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

pokoko said:
WolfpackN64 said:

They have Police Batton's for a reason -.-

If you're in a situation where someone is coming at you in anger and they might or might not have a knife or a gun, what are you going to do?  Pull out a taser or a stick?  

How about people simply not be fucking stupid in the first place?  Wouldn't that be so much better?  Why is that too much to ask?  

I'd actually rather be tased than beaten. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros