By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGSV 1080p/PS4, 900p/XBO, 4k/PC, 720p/PS3-360

Tagged games:

Burek said:
So, no cloud on XOne then?

But, seriously, these comparisons need to stop, everybody knows that PS4 version will almost always look better, and they've made peace with it.

Fixed.

There is more than graphics and frame rates when considering which version to get. Online stability, which console your friends have, analog stick layout/controller... there are many things that people think about other than which one has shinier and more detailed dirt.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Burek said:
So, no cloud on XOne then?

But, seriously, these comparisons need to stop, everybody knows that PS4 version will almost always look better, and they've made peace with it.

Fixed.

There is more than graphics and frame rates when considering which version to get. Online stability, which console your friends have, analog stick layout/controller... there are many things that people think about other than which one has shinier and more detailed dirt.

Last generation it is....

GribbleGrunger said:
cpg716 said:

Nope. You are right.. Added an update to my post..  I am seeing conflicting reports on this..   One said an "update" would being it to 1080p..  The other just says "final resolution" will be 1080p.. Which one would assume just means from the upscalling the X1 does for all games..    guess we have to wait for official confirmation. 

This IS official confirmation... It's Konami.

Can you read Japanese and tell us what "最終出力は1080P" means exactly?

Google translate says "
The final output 1080P", which could be interpreted as "upscaled to 1080p" OR "900p as of now, but 1080p with a patch later on when the game hit store shelves".

I guess that is what he meant with "official confirmation".

Barozi said:
GribbleGrunger said:
cpg716 said:

Nope. You are right.. Added an update to my post..  I am seeing conflicting reports on this..   One said an "update" would being it to 1080p..  The other just says "final resolution" will be 1080p.. Which one would assume just means from the upscalling the X1 does for all games..    guess we have to wait for official confirmation. 

This IS official confirmation... It's Konami.

Can you read Japanese and tell us what "最終出力は1080P" means exactly?

Google translate says "
The final output 1080P", which could be interpreted as "upscaled to 1080p" OR "900p as of now, but 1080p with a patch later on when the game hit store shelves".

I guess that is what he meant with "official confirmation".

It means upscaling. Just look at retro upscaling converters, they all say 最終出力は1080P!

Here's a couple, you get the point: 
http://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999902/20140124019/screenshot.html
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%80%90%E3%83%95%E3%83%ABHD%E5%87%BA%E5%8A%9B%E3%81%AB%E5%AF%BE%E5%BF%9C-%E3%80%91PSP%E7%94%BB%E9%9D%A2%E3%82%92HDMI%E6%8E%A5%E7%B6%9A%E3%81%A7%E5%A4%A7%E5%9E%8B%E3%83%86%E3%83%AC%E3%83%93%E3%82%84PC%E3%83%A2%E3%83%8B%E3%82%BF%E3%81%AB%E8%A1%A8%E7%A4%BA%E3%81%A7%E3%81%8D%E3%82%8B%E3%82%A2%E3%83%80%E3%83%97%E3%82%BF%E3%80%8CHDMI-UpScaler-LKV8000-1080P%E3%80%8D-PSP-2000/dp/B004XKT5IQ

That 4k PC though!

Around the Network
Protendo said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Fixed.

Last generation it is....

I didn't care last generation either. As a matter of fact, the last time graphics were a selling point for me was the early 90's, when I was like, 10-13 years old.

Back in 2001, when Gamecube had launched, I bought THPS3 along with some other games. I had a Dreamcast and a PS2, but the Gamecube was the new member of the family and I thought I'd get it for my new system instead of my older ones. Within a few minutes, I had realized the error of my ways. Trying to pull off specials with that tiny ass, made for 5 year old fingers d-pad... just.... no. The dual shock 2's d-pad was far more apt at handling that game imo.

There are hoards of things, apart from graphics, that people think about when choosing a version.

resolution is my last concern... I still want my money back for gz.

Ex Graphics Whore.

cpg716 said:
Protendo said:

Then why does Konami's site say 900p?

http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/jp/products/compare.php5

Probably won't be native 1080P, but time will tell. Not a huge difference anyway. Still looks awesome.

thepurplewalrus said:
ChristianTheAtheist said:

I guess you're talking about the PC version, right? yeah, it saide up to 4k/60fps, that would necessarily depend on hardware. On consoles I hope the frame rate is stable.

I was talking about consoles. I guess I should have been more clear on that. It will probably be somewhere between 50-60 fps a majority of the time on 8th gen consoles.

You never played ground zeroes on ps4 it runs at 60 the majority of time

KLAMarine said:
This thing's still coming out on ps3/360? Why?

Why not?