By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do Wii U owners feel disappointed?

Not disappointed at all.  Been a great system so far. Mainly a family system and my kids love it.    Endless fun with Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Donkey Kong.  Family has owned the system now for 2 plus years have over 30 games. 

Around the Network

This generation is pretty lame overall imo. I'm not really THAT interested in most of the games each console has to offer and I pretty much only bought the WiiU for Mario Kart + Smash Bros. (at first) and because I wanted to stick with Nintendo.

The WiiU has some really good games to offer, however, it seems like none of them are particularly great... I dunno, but there's not a single game that had any real lasting impact on me. Mario Kart 8 for example is by far the best installment in it's franchise, same goes for Sm4sh, the problem though: it doesn't feel really that new.

I think the reason for this is mostly that most WiiU games could have been made last gen and gameplay wise, they aren't really refreshing or new (with the obvious exception of Splatoon, which albeit an insanely fun game, failed to fully capture my attention for a longer time).

Having that said, I can't really say that I'm disappointed. Maybe because I didn't expect much after the Wii, or maybe because I knew what I was getting into. I mean... I'm still having fun with it... but sadly not as much as I had with pre-Wii Nintendo consoles.

ktay95 said:
Yes Im dissapointed, but not because they are teasing NX already. No that in fact makes me happy, Im dissapinted that they never delivered much of anything with WiiU. It will probably end up with less than half the library the GCN or N64 had which is just sad.

The N64 had under 400 releases. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm fairly confident the Wii U already has that beat. Although many (most?) of those Wii U games are probably eshop only, so I'm not sure those should count...

noname2200 said:
ktay95 said:
Yes Im dissapointed, but not because they are teasing NX already. No that in fact makes me happy, Im dissapinted that they never delivered much of anything with WiiU. It will probably end up with less than half the library the GCN or N64 had which is just sad.

The N64 had under 400 releases. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm fairly confident the Wii U already has that beat. Although many (most?) of those Wii U games are probably eshop only, so I'm not sure those should count...

Sorry, when I said half the library I meant half the worth playing library not half the total library. Should have made that more obvious.

WiiU has very few games that would make you want the console compared to what the N64 had with Nintedno and Rare pumping out classics, hell even some 3rd parties still made games for them back then.

SpokenTruth said:
ktay95 said:
Yes Im dissapointed, but not because they are teasing NX already. No that in fact makes me happy, Im dissapinted that they never delivered much of anything with WiiU. It will probably end up with less than half the library the GCN or N64 had which is just sad. But Im happy they are moving on because maybe they can get it right this time, I would hate to have to deal with many more years of this sad underpreforming Nintendo.

Number of Nintendo published titles per console / Number of years supported.

N64 - 55 / 6 years.
GC - 57 / 6 years.
Wii U - 39 retail* and 18 eShop* / 3 years by end of 2015.

* - Expected by end of year.

Output is actually up a little.

If you mean 3rd parties, that's a different story.

3 years not 4 by 2015

Around the Network

I'm disappointed in the Wii U, but I would MUCH prefer Nintendo put their efforts toward NX and give up on Wii U as soon as they're willing to do so.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

ktay95 said:

Sorry, when I said half the library I meant half the worth playing library not half the total library. Should have made that more obvious.

WiiU has very few games that would make you want the console compared to what the N64 had with Nintedno and Rare pumping out classics, hell even some 3rd parties still made games for them back then.

I personally can't agree with that, to be honest. I remember the prolonged droughts of the N64, and never really cared for many of Rare's offerings outside of Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and kinda Blast Corps. As for Nintendo, their own output on the system was only decent from what I recall.

While the N64 did indeed have some good stuff on it, I don't think it was an overwhelming amount by any stretch. It's probably my least favorite Nintendo console to be honest, even if it did still consume an obscene amount of my childhood.

I am not disappointed with Nintendo. They delivered an outstanding machine with a unique interface. The games that have been released have been some of the funnest they've developed and published.

I am disappointed that the gaming community doesn't have an appetite for Nintendo's offerings. I am sad that many of the casual gamers that held up Nintendo last generation have fled to their smart phones and tablets.

But I will not be upset at a company that has done almost everything they can to change their fate, barring becoming what so many gamers like myself don't want them to be: an HD twin.

But whatever...I'll buy an NX. I hope it shoots to the sky so I can see as many of my favorite IPs get new iterations. I hope it's around long enough to see developers try cool and crazy stuff. I spend $300 on a Nintendo gaming console each generation. I've never been let down.

Not at all. I have a lot of good games on my Wii U, I'll probably end with more games bought than on some of my other machines. I'm disappointed by the lack of some games (Metroid for example, or 3D plateformers games with the exception of Mario 3D World), but not by the amount of Wii U games. And to be honest, Splatoon is one of the best games I've played for the last five years.

I'll buy an NX one year or two after the launch, when they will be a good amount of games, just like with the Wii U.

I use to, til I own a ps4 for a year.....not so much anymore

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke