By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do Wii U owners feel disappointed?

Betrayed? No.

Disappointed? Eh, a little. The Wii U has had some absolutely fantastic games and given us more new IP that I think will last (Splatoon, Captain Toad, etc.) than the Wii did; but overall, there was a lot of missed opportunities and the game library is a definite downgrade from the Wii and even the GC. Personally, there are no games that I've played on Wii U which have really hooked me in and made me feel like I really want to play them again, which is a first for me. It's clear that the Wii U is finished though, so I'm happy to move past this once-off disappointment and look forward to whatever the NX offers.

Around the Network

Extremely. Somehow I like it even less than the regular Wii.

But if it launches with a decent looking Mario or Zelda title, I'll buy the next console too.

Paatar said:
The only part I feel "betrayed" about is that I want more games that they aren't making.. Fire Emblem U, Animal Crossing U (which they actually probably are making this, they wouldn't make a new engine just for the party animal crossing) some form of Metroid, a few more new IP's and I'd be good. However, that being said I am very happy with my Wii U. I just wish there was a tad bit more, you know?

You will regret saying that,

Until next Nintendo Direct then ?

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213

Reading the OP gave me a migraine!

To answer the question... No

Hell no, I'm loving what the system has to offer. I've never gamed so much in my life. Smash, Kart, 3D World, Bros and Luigi U, Lego City, Bayonetta, Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors, Wind Waker, Sonic Lost World, pikmin 3, party games, some great 3rd party games. The system has so much to offer. People love to hate.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

1) I really just don't know what people expected. I mean this thing sold BAD BAD BAD. It was obvious that they would would have to replace it very quickly.

2) If you bought a Wii U you really have nothing to complain about. Only buy a system if it has what you want, not if some day it COULD have what you want. My opinion is it was always $100 too expensive at all times, and so if YOU bought it I would expect you to have a very good reason.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

How is 2015 not a full year just because NX was mentioned?

why will someone be disappointed with titles like smash, mario kart, bayonetta, xenoblade x, mario 3d world etc?
the wii u is the reason my gf starts gaming with me too
lack of 3rd party support is always a problem with nintendo, but i can get most of the titles i want in pc

sry for my bad english - it is not my 1st language

I just bought one for my son this past weekend. It's OK but it's not Nintendo's best. I have some heavy hitters in Smash Bros., Splatoon, 3D Mario, and MK8 but the only fun game of the bunch is MK8. I can appreciate the fact that it's gotten my wife and daughter to start gaming with my son & me though. Nintendo may have peaked at SNES.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Yes I am. I mean, I bought the console for Mario Kart and Smash, and both those games are great so the console served its purpose. But I don't like that it's being replaced so quickly, so I'm gonna wait a year or two before I get the NX. The Wii U is probably my least liked Nintendo console though. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54