By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do Wii U owners feel disappointed?

zorg1000 said:
Pavolink said:

Yep, no Zelda. Oh! and no Metroid, no 3D Mario Adventure, no Paper Mario and no Fire Emblem.

But it has Pikmin, Star Fox, Splatoon, Mario Maker, which the previous generation did not have.

I prefer the previous gens. I'll change any day Star Fox+Pikmin3+Splatoon+MarioMaker solely for a new Metroid running on the Wii U.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

And this is why you fail as a Nintendo fan.

Star Fox has only ever had one good game in over 20 years and it's been 9 years since the last one. Pikmin 3 hasn't had a game in like, 9 years too. Mario Maker is a long overdue game to finally put to rest all the 2D Mario milking, and Splatoon is an amazing new IP.

Though it is true that a proper new Metroid would be awesome, it's been 5 years since the last one, and it's a franchise filled with loads of top quality games, that are also long. I'm not saying there shouldn't be a new one soon, but because there already is so much great Metroid to enjoy, I would much rather see other Nintendo IPs that weren't as lucky get their time to shine.

Yes, I failed as a Nintendo fan. Rather than be happy with everything they throw at me, I have personal taste that tells me none of those games seems attractive and I keep complaining asking Nintendo for a game a actually care.

mZuzek said:
Pavolink said:

Yes, I failed as a Nintendo fan. Rather than be happy with everything they throw at me, I have personal taste that tells me none of those games seems attractive and I keep complaining asking Nintendo for a game a actually care.

Well next time try to understand that your taste is not the only valid one out there.

We're getting a new Star Fox game that looks awesome and to me, that's way more exciting than another Metroid game. It would absolutely be better if we could have both, but Nintendo's stupid and will never do that. They never did in the past, either.

Splatoon is their best new IP in ages. Mario Kart and Smash are both way better this gen than in the last one. Though it's taking a while, we're probably getting the best and most ambitious Zelda rather soon. And that's just scratching the surface.

We might have different tastes, but honestly, be happy with what you get. Metroid was never a huge multi-million seller franchise to justify getting awesome and ambitious games forever, it was always bound to have droughts. You can't deny Star Fox was in a much bigger need for a kickass new game.

Now if only F-Zero gets the same treatment...

I keep seeing people asking for a Metroid game, backslash at E3 mainly because Federation Force and even hints about future Metroid games since the beggining of the gen. Not to mention the endless Paper Mario rumors and the 3D Mario Adventure complains. Are you sure your comment applies? Because it isn't. People didn't ask for a Star Fox in replacement of Metroid. And people shouldn't be happy with what us get. We must ask for what we want. Nobody can force you to like what you simply don't. And no, I simply don0t care if you or many others are happy with those games, I don't and I'm not going to stop asking for what I care.

shenlong213 said:
Paatar said:
The only part I feel "betrayed" about is that I want more games that they aren't making.. Fire Emblem U, Animal Crossing U (which they actually probably are making this, they wouldn't make a new engine just for the party animal crossing) some form of Metroid, a few more new IP's and I'd be good. However, that being said I am very happy with my Wii U. I just wish there was a tad bit more, you know?

You will regret saying that,

Until next Nintendo Direct then ?

It's as of now.

Honestly I guess I just need confirmation that the Wii U will be supported for the 5 year minnimum Nintendo always does with their home consoles. 

The next Nintendo direct I want to see Zelda U footage, Animal Crossing U, a new IP and maybe an RPG as well? Idk. I just want a little more. But so far I am happy about what is on the console.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Paatar said:
shenlong213 said:

You will regret saying that,

Until next Nintendo Direct then ?

It's as of now.

Honestly I guess I just need confirmation that the Wii U will be supported for the 5 year minnimum Nintendo always does with their home consoles. 

The next Nintendo direct I want to see Zelda U footage, Animal Crossing U, a new IP and maybe an RPG as well? Idk. I just want a little more. But so far I am happy about what is on the console.

It's kind of a misconception that Nintendo supports their consoles for 5 years, us they are on the market for that long but how many of them have strong support in year 5?

N64 in 2001 basically had Paper Mario & Pokémon Stadium 2, GameCube in 2006 pretty much just had the cross-gen Twilight Princess and Wii in 2011 was pretty much just Kirby & Skyward Sword which both released in November. Basically the last 3 Nintendo consoles have had 4 strong years of support followed by 1-2 years that get a couple somewhat major titles.

Why not just cut off that 5th shitty year?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

I am disappointed that Nintendo won't release an exclusive Zelda title, like they did with every single Nintendo console before it (except the Virtual Boy). I expected Nintendo to support the Wii U like every other Nintendo console, regardless of sales.

Im more disappointed in my PS4 ,its decent enough but I play my Wii U a lot more.

zippy said:
Im more disappointed in my PS4 ,its decent enough but I play my Wii U a lot more.

Same, I think its just the hype that ade me buy one :/

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

So far, I would say that I have some disappoint in the Wii U. I enjoy the games it has on there (it's first party and some third party games), but I wish the Wii U had more third party support.

zorg1000 said:
Paatar said:

It's as of now.

It's kind of a misconception that Nintendo supports their consoles for 5 years, us they are on the market for that long but how many of them have strong support in year 5?

N64 in 2001 basically had Paper Mario & Pokémon Stadium 2, GameCube in 2006 pretty much just had the cross-gen Twilight Princess and Wii in 2011 was pretty much just Kirby & Skyward Sword which both released in November. Basically the last 3 Nintendo consoles have had 4 strong years of support followed by 1-2 years that get a couple somewhat major titles.

Why not just cut off that 5th shitty year?

"Basically had this and that"

These are just considered the high quality first party Nintendo games. It's not surprising the last year won't have a lot.

Also, The Wii had six years. The Wii U did not launch until November 2012. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]