By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War Graphics Comparison: Ultimate Edition vs. Xbox 360

Does it matter if it is a remake of remaster? It is ambitious and masterly done either way.

Around the Network

Well, that looks fantastic. Might be buying my XB1 sooner than I originally planned.

SWORDF1SH said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SWORDF1SH said:
It's a remaster, a very good remaster. I don't think we can call this a remake.

Remaster = Using original assets and up grading them

Remake = Game made from the ground up and stays faithful to original (imagine MGS1 on current gen consoles with current gen graphics same story/missions/etc and overhauled gameplay)

Reboot = Complete new direction set within the franchise. Usually going back to the start with change of story and drastic change in gamepley.

The whole game was remade from the ground up. All assets just like Halo 2.

It's a remaster. Check every product description on any website. Check the GOW website. They have a comparison before and after remaster.

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/games/gears-of-war-ultimate/xbox-one

It's not a remake.

If rebuilding a games assets from scratch as well as cinematics and other important things fit the description of a remaster then I agree.

Puppyroach said:
Does it matter if it is a remake of remaster? It is ambitious and masterly done either way.

I loved the treatment  microsoft gave to halo 2. I just wish halo 3 would've been given the same amount of love.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Puppyroach said:

I loved the treatment  microsoft gave to halo 2. I just wish halo 3 would've been given the same amount of love.

Agreed, but I must say that H3 still looked very good in 1080p :). It will be interesting to see the graphics further into GOW. There are at least a few fights that really impressed me back in the days :).

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Puppyroach said:

Agreed, but I must say that H3 still looked very good in 1080p :). It will be interesting to see the graphics further into GOW. There are at least a few fights that really impressed me back in the days :).

It's not going to set a benchmark but it will be refreshing to see a fresh take on the game that started my love for gaming on the Xbox in general. I had the original xbox but not even halo had me much of a fan until microsoft made the deal with epic and revealed this gamed third person  goodness. I'm buying the deluxe edition and connecting it straight to my hdd.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
SWORDF1SH said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
SWORDF1SH said:
It's a remaster, a very good remaster. I don't think we can call this a remake.

Remaster = Using original assets and up grading them

Remake = Game made from the ground up and stays faithful to original (imagine MGS1 on current gen consoles with current gen graphics same story/missions/etc and overhauled gameplay)

Reboot = Complete new direction set within the franchise. Usually going back to the start with change of story and drastic change in gamepley.

The whole game was remade from the ground up. All assets just like Halo 2.

It's a remaster. Check every product description on any website. Check the GOW website. They have a comparison before and after remaster.

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/games/gears-of-war-ultimate/xbox-one

It's not a remake.

If rebuilding a games assets from scratch as well as cinematics and other important things fit the description of a remaster then I agree.

Deny it if you want, but ms themselves class it as a remaster. Are you going to ignore that? A remake is something different. This isn't it. 

SWORDF1SH said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Deny it if you want, but ms themselves class it as a remaster. Are you going to ignore that? A remake is something different. This isn't it. 

Actually, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt while telling you what they said they did in the development process. Watch the making of video. They rebuilt the game pretty much from scratch and they said once the head director was there they realized the game is easier to make than they thought. The development of gears is extremely deceptive.

If you are going to make a last gen remake, do it this way. Awesome, looks like a new game and those colors are way better.

Puppyroach said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Puppyroach said:

What does GoW have to do with this?  Are we talking GoW3 Remastered now?

I am Iron Man