By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War Graphics Comparison: Ultimate Edition vs. Xbox 360

Hindsight is mother. I can't believe that GeOW was ever a benchmark for "best graphics".

Great work on the Ultimate Edition, though. Good to see it isn't just a higher polygon count

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
Hindsight is mother. I can't believe that GeOW was ever a benchmark for "best graphics".

Great work on the Ultimate Edition, though. Good to see it isn't just a higher polygon count

Name a game from '06 that looks better.  Hell, it still looks good!

I prefer the artistic style of the original gears. The new ones does look now gen whilst the orig gears is defo last gen looking.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

HEMSTAR said:
Wow, i had no idea Gears 1 was that colourless. Looks horrible compared to the remaster which looks fantastic.

Original gears had color options in the graphical settings, default, soft, lucid and vibrant.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gears_of_war_color_palettes-3781_en.html

I played it on vibrant yet it was still pretty monochrome in places, but it suited the setting. That comparison video changes the sun bleeched style a lot, darker contrast and black crush make it look like a different planet. A cheap trick just like using monochrome colors to make it look better.

The solid frame rate looks good and you get the original as well, so no complaints there. I'll keep my memories of the hostile sun bleeched planet and leave the remaster alone.

The original looked quite good, and still does on many levels.

But this is quite a definite jump!

I've never been into this series of games, but the visuals in this remakster are definitely looking current gen.

Around the Network

It's nice, but it's like the Halo 2 anniversary. I really felt like it was a different game all together. It didn't feel the original at all and online gameplay was actually a different engine all together!

When I think of GOW, I will always think of the original look and feel. If I want to play it, I will want to play the original version. Thankfully, the Xbox One will allow this thanks to BC.

This is a great remaster even better the God of War LOl in my opinion, i dont want to derail a thread by comparing this games, but for me, it definitely look better then other remaster title it's close to GTA V for next gen.

Good remaster. I would buy it if I had Xbox One but I'm a sucker for remasters (one of the few Xbox exclusives I really enjoy is why I'd buy it again)

I am Iron Man

SWORDF1SH said:
It's a remaster, a very good remaster. I don't think we can call this a remake.

Remaster = Using original assets and up grading them

Remake = Game made from the ground up and stays faithful to original (imagine MGS1 on current gen consoles with current gen graphics same story/missions/etc and overhauled gameplay)

Reboot = Complete new direction set within the franchise. Usually going back to the start with change of story and drastic change in gamepley.

The whole game was remade from the ground up. All assets just like Halo 2.

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
Good remaster. I would buy it if I had Xbox One but I'm a sucker for remasters (one of the few Xbox exclusives I really enjoy is why I'd buy it again)

Look at the making of video. The game was rebuilt from the ground up. They even redid the cinematics. Everything is new and rebuilt to be a next gen version of the first game.