By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War Ultimate Edition comes with entire Gears Collection for free

That's nice! So I could sell my 360-retail-versions (and the PC-version of GoW1) for a few bucks. And I wouldn't have to insert the 360-disc(s), if I want to play one of these 4 games on my XBO.

But who am I kidding... even if that deal comes to Europe, Germany won't get it: GoW 1 + 2 are "on the index". So I'm not allowed to sell these used games, I would have to import the Ultimate Edition and the activation of DLC could be IP blocked.

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
cpg716 said:

Not every single X360 user will upgrade..   I also said 30m or so.. NOT 30m exactly..    I left a good 10m or so that will NOT upgrade or went to PS4..     Where did I say anything was fact..   I used words like "about".. and "or so.".    Those are not terms when you spearking with HARD factual numbers..  

PS: The way I got current X360 users was using the Xbox Live number...  and adding in some for new X1 users..  

I never said they would, a large amount went to PS4. So you're guessing numbers to come back to my statement?

Current 360 users on XB Live doesn't = 360 owners/casual players that could upgrade. 

Again. I NEVER said all would upgrade..  and used words like "about" and "or so".    YOU CAN NOT deny that there are tens of millions of X360 owners who have not upgraded yet..  and who MIGHT buy an X1..    There can't be any question of this.. You are focusing on specific numbers.. POINT is there are PEOPLE who might want to upgrade and BC might be the feature that moves them to the X1.     Again.. meaning BC is NOT useless.

You also skipped the whole.. having ONE console under the TV.. Which for the current 12 or so million X1 owners also makes BC not "USELESS"..

As I said..   both of these make BC not USELESS.   which was the point of my statements.. exact numbers DONT change that.. 

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

cpg716 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I never said they would, a large amount went to PS4. So you're guessing numbers to come back to my statement?

Current 360 users on XB Live doesn't = 360 owners/casual players that could upgrade. 

Again. I NEVER said all would upgrade..  and used words like "about" and "or so".    YOU CAN NOT deny that there are tens of millions of X360 owners who have not upgraded yet..  and who MIGHT buy an X1..    There can't be any question of this.. You are focusing on specific numbers.. POINT is there are PEOPLE who might want to upgrade and BC might be the feature that moves them to the X1.     Again.. meaning BC is NOT useless.

You also skipped the whole.. having ONE console under the TV.. Which for the current 12 or so million X1 owners also makes BC not "USELESS"..

As I said..   both of these make BC not USELESS.   which was the point of my statements.. exact numbers DONT change that.. 

Again. I never said they would. 

BC isn't going to be make people decide 'yay I can now spend $350 and play all my current games (when they eventually get added over time) on that system. Maybe a few but it's not going to happen in droves. 

Having one console under your TV is definitely a bonus. But again it's a far more effective feature to have at launch. Also I said 'I thought BC was pretty useless' not 'BC is useless' it's 'pretty' useless in terms of it's not a real incentive to get XB1, especiallly not an incentive to push a nintendo owner or PS owner to get an XB1. 

Coming back at it with make believe numbers is not the way to go around it. 

Either way you've hung onto that part of the statement which was barely even meant to mean anything as the focal point of the comment was the fact that this is an incredible idea and a brilliant way to use BC. No need to jump my bones.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Puppyroach said:
In reality, BC will not push people to jump to this generation. But this is fan service at its best, and will be a welcome surprise for those that join the X1 community :).

Yep, imho the people harping on downplaying the selling power of BC are really missing the point. After all when it was announced it was revealed as Xbone owners #1 requested feature. Its an awesome fan service and rather than sell hardware, can really push software sales for MS and other publishers. An incredible bonus enticing existing Xbone owners to buy games they maybe would have waited on, and also help multi console owners like myself decide to buy the Xbone version of a game for free bonus games.

Can't believe how anyone can see this as bad in any way, besides of agenda. Even if you have the games on disc already.

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:

Again. I never said they would. 

BC isn't going to be make people decide 'yay I can now spend $350 and play all my current games (when they eventually get added over time) on that system. Maybe a few but it's not going to happen in droves. 

Having one console under your TV is definitely a bonus. But again it's a far more effective feature to have at launch. Also I said 'I thought BC was pretty useless' not 'BC is useless' it's 'pretty' useless in terms of it's not a real incentive to get XB1, especiallly not an incentive to push a nintendo owner or PS owner to get an XB1. 

Coming back at it with make believe numbers is not the way to go around it. 

Either way you've hung onto that part of the statement which was barely even meant to mean anything as the focal point of the comment was the fact that this is an incredible idea and a brilliant way to use BC. No need to jump my bones.

Why wouldn't this be a massive incentive for these guys? There are plenty who never owned a 360 and could very well be tempted over to become a Multi console owner. They could have there eye on a few key games that is tempting them to grab a X1 but not enoughto justify a purchase and when BC fully launches and they see another 10 games added from the 360 that would interest them then that could be the time they make a Xbox One purchase.

That's great news. I never got into Gears games but with this deal I think I will. Hope EA does the same for Mirror's Edge.

good for the folks who want to buy it but they still could have included all of the games in the collection. if not entirely remastered than at least with higher frame-rate and resolution

I would love if EA did something similar when they release the next Mass Effect. I love having the whole series on one console.

starcraft said:
Nice addition. I am umming and ahhing about this game. Still don't love the amount of resources MS and Sony are devoting to bumping the resolution on last gen games.

Eh, I think this game was more of a development exercise.  They were trying to get the new studio all trained up and familiar with the gears of war system/universe before they launched into gears 4 development.