By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War Ultimate Edition comes with entire Gears Collection for free

Puppyroach said:
I would love if EA did something similar when they release the next Mass Effect. I love having the whole series on one console.

That would be awesome, but I also kind of want them to just remaster the trilogy too... Either way, I'd be happy!

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
Now MS, include Forza Horizon 1 with FH3 :).

Since Horizon 3 is not going to be cross gen it will easily be bigger then the first two games combined I also believe that most of the cars from the first game that didn't make it into the 2nd game will be back in the third game so there really is no reason to include Horizon 1 with the third game.  A lot of people missed out on Alan Wake though so including it with Quantum Break would be a even better move.

Chris Hu said:
Puppyroach said:

Since Horizon 3 is not going to be cross gen it will easily be bigger then the first two games combined I also believe that most of the cars from the first game that didn't make it into the 2nd game will be back in the third game so there really is no reason to include Horizon 1 with the third game.  A lot of people missed out on Alan Wake though so including it with Quantum Break would be a even better move.

I would gladly have Alan Wake with Quantum Brake as well :).

ArchangelMadzz said:
Imaginedvl said:
Microsoft is going to abuse this BC :) This is really nice. I can see a lot of bundles like that coming with 360 games.

I though BC was pretty useless to have now and would've been better at launch. But if they're gonna start bundling 360 games with X1 games that's an incredible idea!

Well this wasbthe plan from the start. Rainbow Six and Fallout 4 are coming with 360 game(s). This somehow went ignored.

I thought Gears should be bundled with some 360 games as well but I didnt expect MS to be this generous.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Chris Hu said:
Puppyroach said:

Maybe they could give Horizon 1 to Forza 6 buyers. It seems like many Foza fans arent playing Horizon.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
gergroy said:
starcraft said:
Nice addition. I am umming and ahhing about this game. Still don't love the amount of resources MS and Sony are devoting to bumping the resolution on last gen games.

Eh, I think this game was more of a development exercise.  They were trying to get the new studio all trained up and familiar with the gears of war system/universe before they launched into gears 4 development.  

You could well be right. Its a novel way to teach people I guess.

The studio director did say something like 'we have to learn to do Gears right before we can do it different."

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Miguel_Zorro said:
starcraft said:
Nice addition. I am umming and ahhing about this game. Still don't love the amount of resources MS and Sony are devoting to bumping the resolution on last gen games.

I have a similar feeling about it.  If it doesn't take away from other game development, then fine.  I suppose it's good for people who didn't own a PS3 or a 360.  Otherwise, I'm not going to re-purchase games that I've already played because the frame rate is better, or whatever.  I want new games. 

I generally agree. I believe that this bonus runs through to the end of the year - and even then I already own the old games.

I might pick it up when its cheap to run through the game with new chapters on co-op.

Having complained, if they remaster the Mass Effect Trilogy I will buy it day one even if they charge me $100

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

This is a brilliant marketing ploy for those who want to upgrade and play bc games live across the xboxone platform. One platform for 2 generations of games.. Smart move.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

hum, so they should also give tomb raider when xbox one new tomb raider game comes out

Desperately running out of hard drive space. Between this and halo there's a fair chunk of the harddrive clogged up...