By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US August monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

Teeqoz said:
BTW, is Until Dawn flopping? Couldn't see it anywhere in the hourly charts.

It's currently #123.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
BTW, is Until Dawn flopping? Couldn't see it anywhere in the hourly charts.

It was never on my radar. Then again all games that start out as motion control and moved to a new system seem to suffer, so I automatically assume it will be mediocre at best. 

Have there even been any advertisments? Haven't seen a single ad on TV.

CosmicSex said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Agreed, 10/20k in PS4 favour seem about right, depend on the July gap... NPD is tomorrow, that's going to be interesting.

What are your NPD predictions? 

July or August?

Shadow1980 said:
The PS4 standalone is also unusually high. Because of the odd way Amazon classifies it, it usually has a hard time breaking into the top 100 in the weekly & monthly rankings (it's currently #40 in the hourlies, which is more representative of where it usually is), and when it does it's usually in the 90s. Now it's in the 70s.

I'm hoping that they might have sorted the issues with the PS4 standard edition by now. It has gotten up to 95 in the monthlies, when it normally doesn't chart at all. If we see it climb the monthly chart in the next few updates, I think it's safe to assume it has been fixed 

Teeqoz said:
Shadow1980 said:
The PS4 standalone is also unusually high. Because of the odd way Amazon classifies it, it usually has a hard time breaking into the top 100 in the weekly & monthly rankings (it's currently #40 in the hourlies, which is more representative of where it usually is), and when it does it's usually in the 90s. Now it's in the 70s.

I'm hoping that they might have sorted the issues with the PS4 standard edition by now. It has gotten up to 95 in the monthlies, when it normally doesn't chart at all. If we see it climb the monthly chart in the next few updates, I think it's safe to assume it has been fixed 

Indeed, it's the first time I've seen it on the monthly in ages, so maybe they have sorted things out now. Not that they've applied any sort of fix retrospectively. If they'd adjected their monthly data for the whole month then PS4 Fools Bundle would be higher than 95, I think.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
binary solo said:
Teeqoz said:

Indeed, it's the first time I've seen it on the monthly in ages, so maybe they have sorted things out now. Not that they've applied any sort of fix retrospectively. If they'd adjected their monthly data for the whole month then PS4 Fools Bundle would be higher than 95, I think.

Considering things are above it that were never above it in the hourlies...I think that's a safe assumption.

Protendo said:
binary solo said:

Considering things are above it that were never above it in the hourlies...I think that's a safe assumption.

WTF is "adjected"?!? I meant to write adjusted.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Painfull to see gears of war so much below COD cr*p on XB1..just painfull..

240 places between the PS4 and X1 versions of MGSV. Even with the install base and taste differences, I didn't think it would be that big. Surprised it wasn't in the top 100, let alone top 250.

Destiny and Halo 5 bundles set to drop out of the top 50 hourlies. CoD doing really well on both, not sure what happened that made them go up again.

Ryng_Tolu said:
CosmicSex said:

What are your NPD predictions? 

July or August?

July