By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US August monthly bestsellers and general Amazon based discussion

CosmicSex said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

July or August?

July

[PS4] 195,000

[XB1] 165,000

[3DS] 95,000

[WIU] 50,000

Around the Network

Call of Duty: Black Ops III prediction: ( November only )
[PS4] 1,600,000
[XB1] 1,300,000
[360] 600,000
[PS3] 400,000

Total: 3,900,000

Ryng_Tolu said:

[PS4] 1,600,000
[XB1] 1,300,000
[360] 600,000
[PS3] 400,000

Too little on next gen consoles. Advanced Warfare sold 2.63 on PS4+XBO in November, you're expecting it to only be up 270k on next gen consoles, while at the same time expecting it to be down 1.07m on last gen consoles?

3.2 million on PS4+XBO imo

It seems like on gamestop best seller Xbox One is doing a lot better than the PS4. Has gamestop being reliable with their best seller ranking too?

C

Teeqoz said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

[PS4] 1,600,000
[XB1] 1,300,000
[360] 600,000
[PS3] 400,000

Too little on next gen consoles. Advanced Warfare sold 2.63 on PS4+XBO in November, you're expecting it to only be up 270k on next gen consoles, while at the same time expecting it to be down 1.07m on last gen consoles?

yup. I expect Black Ops III on XBO to sell less than AW.

the new XBO sales Will help to not dropped hardly, but if we include the usually COD decline all year, and the marketing on PS console, i don't see BO III to sell better than AW on XBO.

For the PS4. Version, well, i expect nearly 40% increase... And of course, massive dropped For PS3 and 360 ( more on 360, because the PS marketing )

anyway, i may be wrong, but i'm sure that all version combined ( PS4 + XBO + PS3 + 360 ) Black Ops III Will sell less than Advanced Warfare.

Is what happen all year since 2012, and generally, For what i see in my real life, the hype For Black Ops III is big, but not like Advanced Warfare...

In short: CoD BO III < 4.7 million

Around the Network
riecsou said:
It seems like on gamestop best seller Xbox One is doing a lot better than the PS4. Has gamestop being reliable with their best seller ranking too?

Do you really believe Xbox 360>Wii>Xbox One?

That being said, Gamestop has many Microsoft only trade in deals. I'm not saying it could not be right this time...I just have a hard time believing that multiple PS3 skews are outselling the top PS4 skew that's available.

Teeqoz said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

[PS4] 1,600,000
[XB1] 1,300,000
[360] 600,000
[PS3] 400,000

Might be because CoD could continue to be a declining franchise, so 8th gen growth may not = 7th gen decrease.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Teeqoz said:

Might be because CoD could continue to be a declining franchise, so 8th gen growth may not = 7th gen decrease.

Oh, I'm not expecting 8th gen growth to be equal to 7th gen decrease, I'm just expecting 8th gen growth to be more than 270k.

Protendo said:
riecsou said:

Do you really believe Xbox 360>Wii>Xbox One?

That being said, Gamestop has many Microsoft only trade in deals. I'm not saying it could not be right this time...I just have a hard time believing that multiple PS3 skews are outselling the top PS4 skew that's available.

Did not see it like that. That is what happen when focus is all on PS4 and Xbox One. 

I should learn to trust amazon a little bit more lol

Interesting. No Xb one sku in the top 20 right now. If things keep going the way they've been trending since the Gamescom and Halo 5 bundle hype died down August would seem to be pretty safe for PS4.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix