By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony financial results Q1 FY15, 663 million $ profit, PS4 ships 3 million

Sony should just sell everything but playstation and insurance.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Guitarguy said:

Very cool. I would get confused when people would bring up things like "operating profit"(I think that is the term?) being different from real profit etc and thought this might be the case. Glad it is not.

Their operating profit is indeed higher than their net income (real profit), but the 663 million is the real profit (net income).

Very nice :) Is this the first quarter where they have turned net income? I vaguely remember a negative forecast a few months back?

Azerth said:
Sony should just sell everything but playstation and insurance.

How about Music and Devices, both which make more money than Playstation?

Guitarguy said:
Teeqoz said:

Their operating profit is indeed higher than their net income (real profit), but the 663 million is the real profit (net income).

Very nice :) Is this the first quarter where they have turned net income? I vaguely remember a negative forecast a few months back?

The same quarter last year (called Q1 of FY 2014, but it's calendar quarter 2) they also made a net income, but much less than this. They also made a net income in the holiday quarter last year. However they lost a lot of money in the year as a whole because they wrote down the value of their mobile division.

They will most likely make a profit for the full year this year though.

Teeqoz said:
Guitarguy said:

The same quarter last year (called Q1 of FY 2014, but it's calendar quarter 2) they also made a net income, but much less than this. They also made a net income in the holiday quarter last year. However they lost a lot of money in the year as a whole because they wrote down the value of their mobile division.

They will most likely make a profit for the full year this year though.

Hope the can keep the momentum going. Sony in my opinion have always made quality product. Phones, TVs, consoles, handhelds.

Around the Network

I didn't expect 3m ps4, well done.

so, they got money? Since when Sony stopped losing money?

Heavenly_King said:

After the return of the king it was expected.

Kaz CEO helped a lot and his plans was to made the first profit (for the year... not only quarter) in FY2016.

Sony is in the right track.

ethomaz said:
Heavenly_King said:

After the return of the king it was expected.

Kaz CEO helped a lot and his plans was to made the first profit (for the year... not only quarter) in FY2016.

Sony is in the right track.

They're gonna make a profit in FY2015.

Way to go! This is bouncing back well from those days in the pit. PS4 is the king now doing well for the PS brand.