By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony financial results Q1 FY15, 663 million $ profit, PS4 ships 3 million

Congrats to them.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Guitarguy said:
So did Sony make a profit all up in the end after everything?

They had almost $800 million in profit for 1 quarter. What are you asking here?

$663 mill, it's in the title.

nanarchy said:
DerNebel said:
It makes me wonder if we could be undertracking the PS4. I know we're a missing a week but does that amount of stock seem reasonable? I'm not perfectly sure.

with the missing week that only leaves about 4-5 weeks of supply in the channel, sounds like VGChartz is currently pretty well spot on.

the absolute number might be okay but the distribution of tracking is still way off.  from sony's numbers we know VGC has ps4 overtracked at the end of the holiday 2015.  by these shipping numbers we are clearly undertracking it this quarter.   they kind of nullify each other but they also paint a very different picture,.. one looks like doom and gloom for ps4 (being significantly down YoY make it look like it is loosing steam) and the other looks quite positive (up YoY despite never dropping price).

ethomaz said:
Ohhhhh Sony increased the PS4 forecast.

16 to 16.5m

I can see they increasing again in Jan/Feb to 17m or 17.5m.

Hmm... not sure.  The seem to be playing things really conservatively.  If they increase it to 17m... it will probably do 20m.  And since I don't expect that, I think they will keep it at 16.5 million and go 18 m tops.

Teeqoz said:
CosmicSex said:

I stand corrected.  Still thats an enormus amount of money and way higher than last quarter. 

Around the Network

CosmicSex said:

Hmm... not sure.  The seem to be playing things really conservatively.  If they increase it to 17m... it will probably do 20m.  And since I don't expect that, I think they will keep it at 16.5 million and go 18 m tops.

Last year they did only 0.5m over the last forecast in Feb... so they revisions are really near the final number.

Damn!! $663 million on profit on one quarter? And shipping more consoles than XBO, 360, Wii U and the 3DS? That's beasting level right there.

Teeqoz said:
CosmicSex said:

Very cool. I would get confused when people would bring up things like "operating profit"(I think that is the term?) being different from real profit etc and thought this might be the case. Glad it is not.

Guitarguy said:
Teeqoz said:

Very cool. I would get confused when people would bring up things like "operating profit"(I think that is the term?) being different from real profit etc and thought this might be the case. Glad it is not.

Their operating profit is indeed higher than their net income (real profit), but the 663 million is the real profit (net income).

Wow impressive numbers for the PS4 and a profit good quarter!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23