By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't have the heart to sell my game collection.

hatmoza said:

I could send them to my brother in Cleveland.

But this is the same brother who sold my childhood/ teenage N64 PS1 PS2  collection after I left for college because he needed the cash. I never fucking forgave him for that.

Chances are he may translate you sending him your games as an invitation.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

I realize that those games are mostly of sentimental value to you. But I say just cut the cord and sell them off. You will probably face the same dilemma in a few years again only this time you would have lugged them over half the world and paid overweight airline fees, stored them somewhere and in the end try to sell them in a country that might not offer fair value for them in a few years.
Once you finally fall asleep after a few sleepless nights, you will slowly make peace with those games being gone.

I used to have a similar issue with my collection of LPs, a huge sentimental collection, but then I realized I'll never listen to them and that it is better to give/sell them to someone who can use them.

spurgeonryan said:
Had the same problem a few years back, once you get rid of the cases the collection becomes less important to you. I dumped my CD and DVD cases years ago. It made it easier to just start letting things go.
Games are different though, any game I got rid of years ago, I just went out and searched for later on.

Movies and music can easily be downloaded or purchases for a dollar or less usually, but games are much harder to get later on. Take GC games for example. 40 bucks for Luigis Mansion? Screw that!
Dump the ones you can live without (sports games or easy to find games like gta) keep the rest.

I know I'll regret  leaving the cases behind just as if I sell my games. I could care less about my movies. I think I gave them away to the person who bought my dining room set.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

If I knew I could financially survive without having to sell my games, I'd take all the CD's and go through the heartache of getting rid of my cases.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Time to slim down..... Create your all-star version of your current collection, one that can be moved in one box... sell the rest.

Use the money to invest in a digital collection since you don't want to run into this same problem when you move back.

Around the Network

Time to sell. You said it yourself that you don't plan on replaying them. I had the same problem myself, but decided it was for the best to sell. I got rid of a lot of my old stuff. I don't regret it. After a while you forget about it and move on.

dibs on your Hannah Montana: the movie ps3 game

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
dibs on your Hannah Montana: the movie ps3 game

That along with Earthbound snes STAY with me!

Here is most of my collection in a picture (nes snes and Nintendo handheld games not included)

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Leave them all to me. I'm even willing to beat NikkoM's 10 bucks by a full dollar (A Canadian dollar of course).

Signature goes here!

You could definitely sell some of that. For example do you really need MPO Plus?