By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't have the heart to sell my game collection.

hatmoza said:

Like I said in the OP. I can't pull the trigger. My attention whoring days are over!

Joking 100%  aside I'm absolutely torn on the thought of selling them.

meh.. to be honest.. with the expection of Afrika. all those games are pretty mainstream and can be pick upped for really cheap used.. 

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

You might wanna keep them. Games are not cheap in the UAE...

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Keep the Dance Dance Revolution games and sell everything else.

Do you have a good friend you can keep at their place? 100 games shouldn't be more than a few small boxes as I have 100s as well.

Why can't you just take it with you?

hatmoza said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Some relatives that perhaps can take care of them, like having them boxed and kept until you can ask them to send them over to your new place.

If you eventually decide on selling them, at least write down the games in your collection so that if you ever feel like recovering your collection you know what you had back then and what games to look for to have your collection restored again, of course, if all of them can be found and are up for buying.

Maybe keep the rare ones, just in case.

I could send them to my brother in Cleveland.

But this is the same brother who sold my childhood/ teenage N64 PS1 PS2  collection after I left for college because he needed the cash. I never fucking forgave him for that.

Send them to me. Makingmusic and I will take great care of it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Hmm, interesting dilema.

I'd probably just keep it and continue to lug it around. I have a good chunk of games in my collection that I still haven't played.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

If you really need to do it, sell the ones you don't have a special feeling for, and keep the rest. I personally am sure that I wouldn't sell most of my games even if I had financial problems.

outlawauron said:
hatmoza said:

I could send them to my brother in Cleveland.

But this is the same brother who sold my childhood/ teenage N64 PS1 PS2  collection after I left for college because he needed the cash. I never fucking forgave him for that.

I've actually considered a couple VGCers before you mentioning it. Either have them hold onto them and use them until I get back with the promise that they'll do their best not lose any games. Or just donate them to someone who appreciates games.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
outlawauron said:

I've actually considered a couple VGCers before you mentioning it. Either have them hold onto them and use them until I get back with the promise that they'll do their best not lose any games. Or just donate them to someone who appreciates games.

Well, I got an attic with space if you need it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

hatmoza said:

I haven't posted in the forums for years but I remember you because we're both middle eastern. Congrats on getting married, although it makes me feel fucking old. Anyways if you're looking for someone to honestly hold onto your games I'd be up for it. I have plenty of room and I can just send them back to you whenever you get back.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers