By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't have the heart to sell my game collection.

hatmoza said:

Thanks!

You guys feel like family even after all these years :,)

Of course man, us gamers have to look out for each other. Hearing about how your brother sold your old collection made me mad so I can't imagine how you must have felt, don't want you to go through that again.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network

DO NOT SELL.... keep them.

Fei-Hung said:
Dude I have friends and family in UAE and if you moving there you will be earning Arab money, zero tax and living it up. Sell the games, donate them and soon you can buy them back and add tons more to your collection.

Additionally, you will be enjoying the amazing outdoor stuff they have between the Emirates.

Out of curiosity, what will you be working as?

Educator. Integrated Science. Spent the last 2 years teaching chemistry physics and biology to 10-12th graders in North Carolina.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

So my brother and his friend are opening up a gaming/cafe/hooka shop in Chciago by September. It's gonna include most consoles and PC entertainment. He only just told me about his entrepreneurial plans. I wished him the best, gave him advice, and told him that my collection is his now.

It's funny how things work out.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

spurgeonryan said:
Had the same problem a few years back, once you get rid of the cases the collection becomes less important to you. I dumped my CD and DVD cases years ago. It made it easier to just start letting things go.
Games are different though, any game I got rid of years ago, I just went out and searched for later on.

Movies and music can easily be downloaded or purchases for a dollar or less usually, but games are much harder to get later on. Take GC games for example. 40 bucks for Luigis Mansion? Screw that!
Dump the ones you can live without (sports games or easy to find games like gta) keep the rest.

Luigi's Mansion is more like 25

the reality is any games post like the Gamecube/PS2 era (and even a lot in that era) just aren't building up much of any collectable value. if you have a bunch of games from the PS3/Xbox 360 or current generation the odds that they will maintain much of any value is very low. unless you have a bunch of RPG or obscure games

again, too many collector's and game fans who realize its smart to hold onto their games now. if your collection was predominantly pre 2005 or pre 2000 I would encourage holding onto them, but if its post the value just will not maintain.... EVERYONE and their mother is holding onto their video games these days