By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest 11 to be announced on july 28?

Xxain said:
outlawauron said:

I don't know why. Even on underpowered platforms, they still did things to take advantage of the platform. With ad-hoc play on DS, they completely threw away static parties and character development. Dragon Quest always has high production values, even with DQ7. DQ8, 9, and 10 are among the best looking games for their respective platforms.

Why would power not matter to a team that likes to put out polished experiences with high production values? Also, if they didn't care at all about power, then this game would be on 3DS or mobile, not for a console.

I am scratching my head. SE made a important announcements recently  and very few have been able to connect it to their current choices.

I'm sure if you're still disagreeing with me, but I'll continue just in case.

No one is saying power is why DQXI would be on PS4, but its power is one of the  many factors (because you make a console game because you want to take advantage of a more powerful platform). 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

This GONNA be fun >.>

I hope it's a spin-off on mobile or something like that just to see people reaction XD.

Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:
Dude dude dude dudedudedudedudedudedude PS4 dude dude dude

And regarding the whole 3DS thing, there's a simple explanation here, devs aren't emotionless robots, they also have things like desires for their games and if in this case, were Horii is lucky enough to be able to put his game on pretty much any platform he wants and have it sell in Japan, the dev doesn't want to limit his game to what is essentially at best a slightly stronger PS2 but instead put it on a home console, then he can easily do that even if that means potentially foregoing some profits. It doesn't have anything to do with a bias against Nintendo.

Then why would it skip Wii U as well? Cel-shaded games aren't that taxing on the hardware. Just look at the graphics of Persona 5 vs. SMT X FE.
So you're saying it's bias against handhelds and since Nintendo dominates that market...

What do you know about what kind of game it will be and what taxing things it will attempt? The Wii U is annoying to develop for maybe that's why the game's not made for that system (if that's even the case at all) or maybe Sony shelled out some money as well, can easily see them do that for something of this magnitude.

No I'm saying it's bias against outdated hardware.

DerNebel said:
Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:
Dude dude dude dudedudedudedudedudedude PS4 dude dude dude

And regarding the whole 3DS thing, there's a simple explanation here, devs aren't emotionless robots, they also have things like desires for their games and if in this case, were Horii is lucky enough to be able to put his game on pretty much any platform he wants and have it sell in Japan, the dev doesn't want to limit his game to what is essentially at best a slightly stronger PS2 but instead put it on a home console, then he can easily do that even if that means potentially foregoing some profits. It doesn't have anything to do with a bias against Nintendo.

Then why would it skip Wii U as well? Cel-shaded games aren't that taxing on the hardware. Just look at the graphics of Persona 5 vs. SMT X FE.
So you're saying it's bias against handhelds and since Nintendo dominates that market...

What do you know about what kind of game it will be and what taxing things it will attempt? The Wii U is annoying to develop for maybe that's why the game's not made for that system (if that's even the case at all) or maybe Sony shelled out some money as well, can easily see them do that for something of this magnitude.

No, it's not.

Square always rolls on its back for Sony. Can't say it's a great decision when you see how much money Level-5 is earning in comparison.

Around the Network

Another game to not be released in the west.

Yaaayyyy...
-.-

vkaraujo said:

Yaaayyyy...
-.-

If it's on PS4 then it will absolutely come west.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
vkaraujo said:

Yaaayyyy...
-.-

No no no. It doest matter where its at. Its coming west. Period.

Xxain said:
Ali_16x said:

No no no. It doest matter where its at. Its coming west. Period.

but it has 100% of chances to come very quick in the west being on PS4 like all SE games ( Dragon Quest Heroes, Star Ocean 5) , not like DQ VII on 3DS

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Samus Aran said:
DerNebel said:

No, it's not.

Square always rolls on its back for Sony. Can't say it's a great decision when you see how much money Level-5 is earning in comparison.

Oh so you a game dev now? Weird I thought you were a history major or something.

Yeah maybe if Square also wanted their games to exclusively make their money in Japan then maybe they'd do what Level 5 is doing.