By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest 11 to be announced on july 28?

Xxain said:
outlawauron said:

I think sweeping platform strength under the rug isn't wise. Creator's do have specific things they want to accomplish with their titles. A more powerful platforms allows them to easier accomplish whatever their vision is. That is why they want to make a DQ on consoles, because they haven't made a full DQ since DQ8. It's been a while.

Many devs picked 3DS early because they wanted to use 3D in new or interesting ways, it's no different for other platforms.

Im shocked

I don't know why. Even on underpowered platforms, they still did things to take advantage of the platform. With ad-hoc play on DS, they completely threw away static parties and character development. Dragon Quest always has high production values, even with DQ7. DQ8, 9, and 10 are among the best looking games for their respective platforms.

Why would power not matter to a team that likes to put out polished experiences with high production values? Also, if they didn't care at all about power, then this game would be on 3DS or mobile, not for a console.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Aerys said:

Start by using decent arguments other than " but DQ didnt work in 1990 so it wont work now in the west " and we will have a discussion on a higher level.

From a business point of view, wanting to expand the ip to the world, PS4 is the cleverest decision they took

1990? If Square Enix was serious about expanding to the West they'd have localized DQ VII & VIII to the West by now (on 3DS).

Why would a franchise after 20 years all of a sudden become popular in the West? When has that ever happened? Just because they claim they want to expand their franchise doesn't make it true. Actions speak louder than words. I suggest we ignore PR talk into this discussion, because it's just that, PR talk.

Lets stop with the saltyness, denial and delusional comments please.

You will be moderated if you break the rules.

You will be moderated extra harshly if you break the rules after i explicitly tell you not to in a thread warning. This is a thread warning.

Have fun! ^.^

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Nothing, mod.

Xxain said:
Ali_16x said:

You just said that they're developing for the most popular console, which you said was the PlayStation, well the 3DS is more popular than the PS3/PS4 so why isn't it going too be on the 3DS then? Why isn't it going to be a handheld game?

*sigh* .... SE has decided to use their popular IP's to REVIVE the Japanese home console market, Sooo that narrows platform choice to HOME CONSOLES. What is the most popular home console then? I speak from THAT prospective.  

Then why isn't DQVIII HD on PS4? Why is it on 3DS? If they're trying to revive the Japanese home console market, why is it on 3DS?

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Xxain said:

Im shocked

I don't know why. Even on underpowered platforms, they still did things to take advantage of the platform. With ad-hoc play on DS, they completely threw away static parties and character development. Dragon Quest always has high production values, even with DQ7. DQ8, 9, and 10 are among the best looking games for their respective platforms.

Why would power not matter to a team that likes to put out polished experiences with high production values? Also, if they didn't care at all about power, then this game would be on 3DS or mobile, not for a console.

I am scratching my head. SE made a important announcements recently  and very few have been able to connect it to their current choices.

Ali_16x said:

DQXIII HD

?

Let us wait for DQ XI before puting a XII and XIII please.

Namiirei said:
Ali_16x said:

DQXIII HD

?

Let us wait for DQ XI before puting a XII and XIII please.

That's suppose to be a V.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

As a "gamer" ( a real cringe term btw) who likes to play beautiful and deep games, i'm really hoping for a PS4 only release.

Sure a 3DS DQ would probably sell great, but honestly who rcares about that? i'd rather have a beautiful 1080p huge game than some ugly 2d/3d mix with sprites on a 240p screen that won't even get localized released on a region locked system.

It's on PS4. They basically announced weeks ago. Homeconsole, and obviously not Wii U considering all the recent DQ games are on PS4. No, almost all of the recent SE games are on PS4.

People must accept it and move one, just like Monster Hunter.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile