By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest 11 to be announced on july 28?

Samus Aran said:
Namiirei said:
Samus Aran said:

And not making an exclusive DQ mainline game for the 3DS is inexusable

Why ?

Compare the userbase of 3DS with PS4 in Japan.

If i follow your "logic", SE should have stayed on ps2 forever, and never develop for any other system.

Please, it's ridiculous.

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
Xxain said:

Its funny how we mix DQ and power. The first 3D DQ game was DQ8 which happened waaaaaaaaaaaaay after everybody else had made the jump to 3D. DQ7 was still sprites on PS1!!! DQ9 was exclusive to DS. DQX was Wii. What does that tell us about how power factors in console choice for DQ? 

Hori made it very simple: DQ goes to the most popular console. This generation that is PlayStation.

Lol you can't be serious. Do you know what you just said? You said that PS3/PS4 would make more money than the 3DS as the argument. Well I'm done here. You think that they're making DQXI a console game because of how well the PlayStation is doing in Japan? Lol.

Huh?

Namiirei said:

If i follow your "logic", SE should have stayed on ps2 forever, and never develop for any other system.

Please, it's ridiculous.

The 3DS userbase is still active unlike the PS2 one.

Your argument is ridiculous yes...

Samus Aran said:
Ali_16x said:
Samus Aran said:
Aerys said:
DerNebel said:
Dude dude dude dudedudedudedudedudedude PS4 dude dude dude

And regarding the whole 3DS thing, there's a simple explanation here, devs aren't emotionless robots, they also have things like desires for their games and if in this case, were Horii is lucky enough to be able to put his game on pretty much any platform he wants and have it sell in Japan, the dev doesn't want to limit his game to what is essentially at best a slightly stronger PS2 but instead put it on a home console, then he can easily do that even if that means potentially foregoing some profits. It doesn't have anything to do with a bias against Nintendo.

Like Yoshida would say, let him dream, he will see soon enough it wont come on 3DS and will likely be a PS exclusive ( more chance to come on One than a nintendo console ) so a PS4 exclusive in the west

You seem to care more about this game being exclusive to your console of choice than the actual game itself: lol.

That's so funny coming from the person who just said that 3rd party developers are being biased against Nintendo for not releasing DQXI on Nintendo console.

Yep and I used good arguments for it. Unlike the people who have been quoting me.

Oh and I've never played a DQ game, and I'm not about to start now, I don't care about the franchise. I'm just saying that from a business point of view not releasing a mainline 3DS game is inexusable.

FOr someone who dont care about DQ, you seem really upset it wont come on 3DS

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Xxain said:
Ali_16x said:

Lol you can't be serious. Do you know what you just said? You said that PS3/PS4 would make more money than the 3DS as the argument. Well I'm done here. You think that they're making DQXI a console game because of how well the PlayStation is doing in Japan? Lol.

Huh?

You just said that they're developing for the most popular console, which you said was the PlayStation, well the 3DS is more popular than the PS3/PS4 in Japan so why isn't it going too be on the 3DS then? Why isn't it going to be a handheld game?

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Aerys said:

I'm not upset. Could you please start using real arguments so we can have a discussion on an equal level.

Like I said, from a business point of view, skipping the 3DS is a very dumb decision.

Ali_16x said:
Xxain said:

Huh?

You just said that they're developing for the most popular console, which you said was the PlayStation, well the 3DS is more popular than the PS3/PS4 so why isn't it going too be on the 3DS then? Why isn't it going to be a handheld game?

*sigh* .... SE has decided to use their popular IP's to REVIVE the Japanese home console market, Sooo that narrows platform choice to HOME CONSOLES. What is the most popular home console then? I speak from THAT prospective.  

I'm just chilling here.

Samus Aran said:
Aerys said:

I'm not upset. Could you please start using real arguments so we can have a discussion on an equal level.

Like I said, from a business point of view, skipping the 3DS is a very dumb decision.

Start by using decent arguments other than " but DQ didnt work in 1990 so it wont work now in the west " and we will have a discussion on a higher level.

From a business point of view, wanting to expand the ip to the world, PS4 is the cleverest decision they took

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Btw that post was about how unimportant power has been to DQ series. Strange you ignore all that and completely change it to something else.