By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As much as I liked the story of arkham knight...(spoilers)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
setsunatenshi said:
I think you're missing the point completely... Batman does not fight a boss... Batman is THE BOSS and he beats everyone else up.

Also, really?? We're trying to make sense of the logic behind the Riddler now? There's a high level of suspension of disbelief one should expect coming into Gotham :)

What...in the hell? The riddler is one of the most intelligent characters in comic book history.  Also, Batman is not the boss. He proves that in how he handles the Joker. The Joker was the only true challenge in the game for him and essentially that battle was in overcoming the joker. The boss in the end was of no consequence to batman Which killed his value because he didnt know he was bringing the jokers personality out of batman.

i guess me trying to be facetious fell flat in some way :P

what I meant was that, in my oppinion, it rang true to the character of Batman to not actually have a typical slew of boss encounters as he is always the smartest guy in the room and the most well prepared. He's his enemies' boss and he always wins, not because he has to try super hard, but because he's better prepared.

this is not dark souls or bloodborne where you're a puny human whose purpose is to feel very very week in the beggining and by the end even though you feel fragile, you know you can take anyone as long as you stay focused.

this is Batman, it's never a question of if you will beat the criminals, but more of how scared you can make the hordes of criminals feel knowing you're out there hunting them.

That's what I mean by Batman being the real boss.

On a side note when I mentioned riddler i meant the character in the game with his trophies... no point in trying to make sense of those :D

Around the Network

What really prevented me from enjoying it was the damn jumpscares. I Flippin hate them and I had to brace myself by looking up videos and covering my eyes when one was approaching... What is really shitty is how people with heart conditions gets no hint at it beforehand. It really prevented me from immersing myself in the otherwise great installment in the series.

Fei-Hung said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Omg it's like you're reading my mind and frustrations. It really made me dislike batman as a character in this game. Good lord.The game could've been far more interesting if he would just allow people to help him. 

I thought I was the only one feeling this way to be honest. The reviewers have such good scores it made me question what I thought of the game. 

A reviewer from gamespot gave the game around a seven and the internet flipped out. I thought it was weird until i played the game and found out he was right. I still need to watch the angry joe review on my lunch break.

dyremose said:
What really prevented me from enjoying it was the damn jumpscares. I Flippin hate them and I had to brace myself by looking up videos and covering my eyes when one was approaching... What is really shitty is how people with heart conditions gets no hint at it beforehand. It really prevented me from immersing myself in the otherwise great installment in the series.

Sorry to hear that. That sucks.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
feuerhirn said:
I can only speak for myself, but Batman is annoying as hell. 'No, I don't need no help, I can do it all alone!' I'm like 10 hours into the game and heard that phrase a hundred times. And instead of delivering awesome Coop-Action (honestly, that would fit in so perfect...) we get that stupid Bat-Tank (I won't call it a Batmobile simply because this is a tank...).
And also: is it just me or is the game kinda silly? Gangers talking about how Batman doesn't kill anyone and that they're all so glad that he doesn't kill. I can crush everything with my tank but everyone is talking as if they wanted to tell me, the player, that noone died. This is so ridiculous.
So far I have to say: I like Origins more than Knight.
And the Arkham Knights identity was kinda obvious. My first thought back then after the first trailers showed up and he was all like 'I know you Batman!'.

Yeah, you're having the same problem. The way this games scripting and direction demands that you shut your brain off while it tries to put together a "thought provoking" story. In the end it makes batman seem like hes terrible at making tactical decisions and always puts people in grave danger.

When your boss battles are worse than arkham origins there's a problem. 

Also, harley Quinn boss fight was a joke and a sexist one that (making it look like she can't defend herself with a  gun). Penguin gives you zero fight. Slade Wilson would NOT need a vehicle to fight batman. In fact the highlight of origins is their famous fight. I feel you bro. Trust me,

Sexist? Dont start with that shit man. Same damn thing happened in Arkham City and no one cared.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
alternine said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah, you're having the same problem. The way this games scripting and direction demands that you shut your brain off while it tries to put together a "thought provoking" story. In the end it makes batman seem like hes terrible at making tactical decisions and always puts people in grave danger.

When your boss battles are worse than arkham origins there's a problem. 

Also, harley Quinn boss fight was a joke and a sexist one that (making it look like she can't defend herself with a  gun). Penguin gives you zero fight. Slade Wilson would NOT need a vehicle to fight batman. In fact the highlight of origins is their famous fight. I feel you bro. Trust me,

Sexist? Dont start with that shit man. Same damn thing happened in Arkham City and no one cared.

Whats the point of using her as a boss if you cannot make her a competent boss?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
alternine said:

Whats the point of using her as a boss if you cannot make her a competent boss?

The same can be said of every boss in the game. Especially those who you had to fight in the Batmobile...

I really enjoyed my time with the game, but so little of it made sense. It may seem minor, but all these subway tunnels made no sense at all.... That and the storyline makes no sense looking back on it, it was designed for Batman to win about 50 times? How many tanks did they have? In the climactic battle outside GCPD, the post-battle stats told me I destroyed 62 tanks! 62 in one battle!

But I really enjoyed the game in general, I'm certainly going to get to ending number 2, though I'm less convinced about finding all the Riddler trophies. That stupid exo-skeleton and forcefield? Ugh!

I still think Arkham Asylum is the best. I'm not sure they really have the budget to do an open world game, as much as I love the gliding. (Haven't played Origins)

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
The story was so predictable. I mean, Jason Todd as the Arkham Knight? Who didn't see that coming?

Not to mention that even if you dindt see that comming on the Panessa Studios mission they throw the fact that hes the Arkhan Knight in the middle of your face in a very non subtle way, only if you an extremelly obtuse person you dont figure it out that the game is trying to tell you jason Todd is the Arkhan Knight.

The slogan for this game should be "be the joker in the batmobile" cause thats the game ina  nutshell, youre 90% of the time in that stupid tank while joker keeps popping up everywhere to make some stupid remark about Batman and the situation hes in. Seriously the whole thing with the joker being on batmans head shouldnt even have existed, the dude was dead there was no point having him in this game.

yeah the more i think about this game the more i think it really wasn't that good.

- dumb batmobile tank focus (when i think of being the batman i don't think of blowing stuff up with a tank)
- not a single hand-to-hand boss battle in the game
- Arkham Knight identity, while a good mystery for the first half of the game or so, became obvious the second the death in the family flashbacks started
- intense focus on omnipresent Joker demonstrating that they don't know how to make a batman game without him.
- Scarecrow is largely glossed over in comparison to AK and Joker even though he's advertised as the "main villain" and there really weren't any fear toxin sequences like Asylum, which i was extremely looking forward to. very frustrating how Scarecrow is a great character with such potential and yet he is ruined in so many pieces of Batman media.  also the whole plot line about "a team of batman's greatest villians is assembled" was non-existant although that's not surprising because every batman media that uses that same line completely forgets about it too.

really kind of amazing how Rocksteady struggles so much with plot.  City and Knight's plots were both so preposterous that they were difficult to take seriously.  i mean i know this is a comic book universe but some parts of the plot are so stupid that it defies common sense.

What bothered me most was the deus ex machina "cure has always been under Gotham City but we'll discover it right now" triple that they used in both City and Knight.

Ivy: There's only one tree
Batman: Find me another!
Ivy: There's another tree...

And I actually began a new game + (what can I say? I love Batman!). Lucius Fox just said "Be careful with the Batmobile. It's one of a kind." Then his in the fuck did I blow it up later in the game and there was a second one there in less than sixty seconds!?!