By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As much as I liked the story of arkham knight...(spoilers)

In terms of boss battles this game has the worst ones of them all. The battle against slade in arkham origins was farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrŕrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better than any fight in his game. Scarecrows levels in past batman games were far better as well. This game is a testament to how much of a classic batman arkham city was. Despite the shit ty missions in arkham origins the boss fights were better. I played the slade mission and once I found out it was a tank mission that was it, I had it. What an insult to slade as a character. He doesn't need a vehicle to fight batman. I'm not even going to get started on the dlc issue. Whole other story.

Around the Network

Whats wrong with the DLC's? Batgirl seems kinda cool.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

I'm just saying after he shitty boss fights in the game I am no longer hyped for the dlc. I'm going to play my free missions first. The only true boss fights in this game involved the two forms of bat mobile. What a joke dude. Nothing in this game in terms of boss fights will ever surpass even arkham origins. The bane and slade fight in that game are well worth the price of admission, in fact I am going to  buy those games again with my backward compatibility once I'm allowed again.

I'll play the red hood and Harley Quinn dlc soon and get back to you. Hopefully they make up for it.

Harley Quinn Dlc is literally 5-10mins long of corridor fights. Prepare to be disappointed!

Agree on the story and lack of boss fights. Worst yet, depending on how you play the game Scarecrow isn't even the last boss and if like me you can't be bothered getting every Riddler Trophy, you won't get the last boss or the ending unless you YouTube it.

It's not just the lack of boss fights, but the lack of story for the other villains that was disappointing. They just threw some villains in, and had you repeat missions over and over again.

Worst of all, reviewers have given the game a free position ass. Everything they mark sandbox games down on, this game for a free pass:

-Average story
-2 dimensional main character
-Cliché story
-Repetitive missions
-Shoe horned characters
-Shoe horned side missions
-Lack of online & co-op
-Forcing collectibles on to players for ending
-Everything looking the same with no real efforts to differentiate areas (they could have themed areas with the villains at least)
-Average voice acting saved by side characters such as the joker abd harley Quinn

I think I hate this game more because it is the first Arkham game I've actually bought at launch at full price. I didn't buy Asylum because I thought it might just be another crappy superhero game, but it turned out to be awesome. I didn't buy City because GTA had put me off sandbox games and I thought City might be another one of those, but I loved it. So I went out and pre ordered the £79.99 collectors edition at Amazon. Never again Rocksteady -_-

Around the Network

The story was so predictable. I mean, Jason Todd as the Arkham Knight? Who didn't see that coming?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Fei-Hung said:
Harley Quinn Dlc is literally 5-10mins long of corridor fights. Prepare to be disappointed!

Agree on the story and lack of boss fights. Worst yet, depending on how you play the game Scarecrow isn't even the last boss and if like me you can't be bothered getting every Riddler Trophy, you won't get the last boss or the ending unless you YouTube it.

It's not just the lack of boss fights, but the lack of story for the other villains that was disappointing. They just threw some villains in, and had you repeat missions over and over again.

Worst of all, reviewers have given the game a free position ass. Everything they mark sandbox games down on, this game for a free pass:

-Average story
-2 dimensional main character
-Cliché story
-Repetitive missions
-Shoe horned characters
-Shoe horned side missions
-Lack of online & co-op
-Forcing collectibles on to players for ending
-Everything looking the same with no real efforts to differentiate areas (they could have themed areas with the villains at least)
-Average voice acting saved by side characters such as the joker abd harley Quinn

This is the truth. They should call this game batman: arkham bat mobile rider or something because they rammed the bat mobile so far up everyone's (expletive) that you really had to depend on  that mobile for almost everything.

This game forced me to think about some things.like it seriously forced me to lower my guard or suspension of disbelief. The supernatural aspects of it were just nuts and second of all don't tell me batman isn't murdering people in that vehicle. Those knockout shots could kill someone easily. Lol batman easily murders god knows how many victims (when you think about it) and then it's only admitted when he dons the person a of the joker. Lol it just didn't fit with the mechanics of the game. It's a joke to anyone who uses their intellect.

I want to know who ponied up the money so riddler could create all of hose ridiculous tracks. That generous person definitely must be on Bruce Waynes board of directors because only the rich in town can afford that.

You're right about this game getting high scores for all the wrong reasons. It got away with murder because the reviewers were caught up in the spectacle. I can see why the gamespot reviewer gave the game a 7 out of 10. All the guys who didn't like his review really need to think critically about why he gave the game that score. 

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
The story was so predictable. I mean, Jason Todd as the Arkham Knight? Who didn't see that coming?

So true I haven't read batman comics in years and even I knew what was up. Once you watch the red hood movie you had the gist of this game.

You need to watch Angry Joes review, he hit the nail on the head with this game.

https://youtu.be/buB5pI5w61w

Oh, what about the lack of a playable Batwing?

Edit: added link to angry Joes review 

Fei-Hung said:

You need to watch Angry Joes review, he hit the nail on the head with this game.

https://youtu.be/buB5pI5w61w

Oh, what about the lack of a playable Batwing?

Edit: added link to angry Joes review 

I will watch his review in a bit and get back to you. I can't tell you how many times I expected the batwing to be playable once the bat mobile was destroyed. It shows up and bam...nope still no shot at something new. Same shit with a new coat of paint.