By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As much as I liked the story of arkham knight...(spoilers)

S.T.A.G.E. said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

The day Arkham Knight was released, Batman: Under The Red Hood was on TV here in the Philippines. That was the first time I watched it. But even before then, just knowing Batman lore told me that Arkham Knight was Jason Todd.

Yeah that movie gives it away. I wish they used his son as a character and had him all grown up. It would've been much better. No epic boss fight. They made red hood look like a push over. I wish the origins devs made the boss fights in this game.

The origins devs are apparently making DLC for this game.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network
shenlong213 said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
The story was so predictable. I mean, Jason Todd as the Arkham Knight? Who didn't see that coming?

Someone with a simple mind, not us

I doubt someone with a simple mind would know anything about Batman, so you're probably right.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

I think you're missing the point completely... Batman does not fight a boss... Batman is THE BOSS and he beats everyone else up.

Also, really?? We're trying to make sense of the logic behind the Riddler now? There's a high level of suspension of disbelief one should expect coming into Gotham :)

The entire city got cloaked in fear gas. The whole city.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Yeah that movie gives it away. I wish they used his son as a character and had him all grown up. It would've been much better. No epic boss fight. They made red hood look like a push over. I wish the origins devs made the boss fights in this game.

The origins devs are apparently making DLC for this game.

Lets see if that changes the pace a bit because i'll take anything from them in terms of actual combat since Rocksteady could not live up to Arkham City. They did a lot with the Batmobile but put so much on the backburner ::no pun intended::

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

But somehow after the fear gas wore off the whole city was fine again. I swear, you really have to shut your mind off with this games story and not think of as a typical batman game would go.

setsunatenshi said:
I think you're missing the point completely... Batman does not fight a boss... Batman is THE BOSS and he beats everyone else up.

Also, really?? We're trying to make sense of the logic behind the Riddler now? There's a high level of suspension of disbelief one should expect coming into Gotham :)

What...in the hell? The riddler is one of the most intelligent characters in comic book history.  Also, Batman is not the boss. He proves that in how he handles the Joker. The Joker was the only true challenge in the game for him and essentially that battle was in overcoming the joker. The boss in the end was of no consequence to batman Which killed his value because he didnt know he was bringing the jokers personality out of batman.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
d21lewis said:

But somehow after the fear gas wore off the whole city was fine again. I swear, you really have to shut your mind off with this games story and not think of as a typical batman game would go.

All in one night!  In Gotham, you could go to sleep at 9pm, wake up at 7am and totally miss out on the fact that the whole city went crazy and got back to normal.  I know it's just a game and we can't be too critical but wow.  Like you said, we have to shut off brains off.  There was some Dragon Ball Z "planet will explode in one minute" time bending going on, here!

d21lewis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

All in one night!  In Gotham, you could go to sleep at 9pm, wake up at 7am and totally miss out on the fact that the whole city went crazy and got back to normal.  I know it's just a game and we can't be too critical but wow.  Like you said, we have to shut off brains off.  There was some Dragon Ball Z "planet will explode in one minute" time bending going on, here!

Luckily the whole city was evacuated, but the criminals wouldve all continued to attack one another, including the cops. The fear toxin couldve easily made it into the gcpd through ventilation. The whole news situation with bruce and his identity was a plothole because everyone was gone.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Fei-Hung said:
Anyone else feel Bats was a douchebag in this game even without the Joker being in his head?

The constant "I must do this on my own," "I don't need you," got real boring and douchy real quick. He just felt really egotistical, arrogant, selfish and robotic, spewing the same crap over and over. Even Tony Stark knows when he needs help to call for it.

Omg it's like you're reading my mind and frustrations. It really made me dislike batman as a character in this game. Good lord.The game could've been far more interesting if he would just allow people to help him. 

I thought I was the only one feeling this way to be honest. The reviewers have such good scores it made me question what I thought of the game.