By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As much as I liked the story of arkham knight...(spoilers)

Anyone else feel Bats was a douchebag in this game even without the Joker being in his head?

The constant "I must do this on my own," "I don't need you," got real boring and douchy real quick. He just felt really egotistical, arrogant, selfish and robotic, spewing the same crap over and over. Even Tony Stark knows when he needs help to call for it.

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
Anyone else feel Bats was a douchebag in this game even without the Joker being in his head?

The constant "I must do this on my own," "I don't need you," got real boring and douchy real quick. He just felt really egotistical, arrogant, selfish and robotic, spewing the same crap over and over. Even Tony Stark knows when he needs help to call for it.

Omg it's like you're reading my mind and frustrations. It really made me dislike batman as a character in this game. Good lord.The game could've been far more interesting if he would just allow people to help him. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
The story was so predictable. I mean, Jason Todd as the Arkham Knight? Who didn't see that coming?

So true I haven't read batman comics in years and even I knew what was up. Once you watch the red hood movie you had the gist of this game.

The day Arkham Knight was released, Batman: Under The Red Hood was on TV here in the Philippines. That was the first time I watched it. But even before then, just knowing Batman lore told me that Arkham Knight was Jason Todd.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'm just saying after he shitty boss fights in the game I am no longer hyped for the dlc. I'm going to play my free missions first. The only true boss fights in this game involved the two forms of bat mobile. What a joke dude. Nothing in this game in terms of boss fights will ever surpass even arkham origins. The bane and slade fight in that game are well worth the price of admission, in fact I am going to  buy those games again with my backward compatibility once I'm allowed again.

I'll play the red hood and Harley Quinn dlc soon and get back to you. Hopefully they make up for it.

Nooooooo! Don't play that dlc! It will only make you madder!

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

So true I haven't read batman comics in years and even I knew what was up. Once you watch the red hood movie you had the gist of this game.

The day Arkham Knight was released, Batman: Under The Red Hood was on TV here in the Philippines. That was the first time I watched it. But even before then, just knowing Batman lore told me that Arkham Knight was Jason Todd.

As soon as they showed The Arkham Knight, that's who I thought it was.  He looked like Jason Todd from "Battle For the Cowl".  But they said, " No.  It's not him. We swear!"

I played the game saying "Maybe it's Hush, or Nightwing, or Deathstroke or even Batgirl" but no.  As soon as they had their first Jason Todd flashback, it was written in stone.

Around the Network

I can only speak for myself, but Batman is annoying as hell. 'No, I don't need no help, I can do it all alone!' I'm like 10 hours into the game and heard that phrase a hundred times. And instead of delivering awesome Coop-Action (honestly, that would fit in so perfect...) we get that stupid Bat-Tank (I won't call it a Batmobile simply because this is a tank...).
And also: is it just me or is the game kinda silly? Gangers talking about how Batman doesn't kill anyone and that they're all so glad that he doesn't kill. I can crush everything with my tank but everyone is talking as if they wanted to tell me, the player, that noone died. This is so ridiculous.
So far I have to say: I like Origins more than Knight.
And the Arkham Knights identity was kinda obvious. My first thought back then after the first trailers showed up and he was all like 'I know you Batman!'.

(Z->)90°-(E-N²W)90°t=1

d21lewis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'm just saying after he shitty boss fights in the game I am no longer hyped for the dlc. I'm going to play my free missions first. The only true boss fights in this game involved the two forms of bat mobile. What a joke dude. Nothing in this game in terms of boss fights will ever surpass even arkham origins. The bane and slade fight in that game are well worth the price of admission, in fact I am going to  buy those games again with my backward compatibility once I'm allowed again.

I'll play the red hood and Harley Quinn dlc soon and get back to you. Hopefully they make up for it.

Did  you actually play the dlc? I'm not really mad but frustrated with the reception this game is getting because this games reception shows remnants of what I call the mgs4 syndrome. Pretty game with very little of worth gameplay wise compared to its predecessors. 

feuerhirn said:
I can only speak for myself, but Batman is annoying as hell. 'No, I don't need no help, I can do it all alone!' I'm like 10 hours into the game and heard that phrase a hundred times. And instead of delivering awesome Coop-Action (honestly, that would fit in so perfect...) we get that stupid Bat-Tank (I won't call it a Batmobile simply because this is a tank...).
And also: is it just me or is the game kinda silly? Gangers talking about how Batman doesn't kill anyone and that they're all so glad that he doesn't kill. I can crush everything with my tank but everyone is talking as if they wanted to tell me, the player, that noone died. This is so ridiculous.
So far I have to say: I like Origins more than Knight.
And the Arkham Knights identity was kinda obvious. My first thought back then after the first trailers showed up and he was all like 'I know you Batman!'.

Yeah, you're having the same problem. The way this games scripting and direction demands that you shut your brain off while it tries to put together a "thought provoking" story. In the end it makes batman seem like hes terrible at making tactical decisions and always puts people in grave danger.

When your boss battles are worse than arkham origins there's a problem. 

Also, harley Quinn boss fight was a joke and a sexist one that (making it look like she can't defend herself with a  gun). Penguin gives you zero fight. Slade Wilson would NOT need a vehicle to fight batman. In fact the highlight of origins is their famous fight. I feel you bro. Trust me,

S.T.A.G.E. said:
d21lewis said:

Did  you actually play the dlc? I'm not really mad but frustrated with the reception this game is getting because this games reception shows remnants of what I call the mgs4 syndrome. Pretty game with very little of worth gameplay wise compared to its predecessors. 

Beat them both after I finished the story.  

Two big spollers :  Harley beats Nightwing in a fight.  I could handle the short length with virtually no payoff but Harley Quinn going toe to toe with Nightwing--Batman's sometime replacement and best acrobat in the DCU.... And WINNING!?!

And then there's Black Mask vs Red Hood.  His goons respawn 1000 times.  Meanwhile, he's goddam bulletproof and takes more punches that Bane to knock out.  This guy was never a physical threat.  Wtf?!?

And both, while free, were criminally short.

I'm no bandwagon jumper.  Hell, I made this exact same thread, yesterday.  And MGS4 did suck.  I bought the PS3 bundle just for that game and I had never been more let down.  I wouldn't spend over $500/for something I didn't intend to love.

d21lewis said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Beat them both after I finished the story.  

Two big spollers :  Harley beats Nightwing in a fight.  I could handle the short length with virtually no payoff but Harley Quinn going toe to toe with Nightwing--Batman's sometime replacement and best acrobat in the DCU.... And WINNING!?!

And then there's Black Mask vs Red Hood.  His goons respawn 1000 times.  Meanwhile, he's goddam bulletproof and takes more punches that Bane to knock out.  This guy was never a physical threat.  Wtf?!?

And both, while free, were criminally short.

I'm no bandwagon jumper.  Hell, I made this exact same thread, yesterday.  And MGS4 did suck.  I bought the PS3 bundle just for that game and I had never been more let down.  I wouldn't spend over $500/for something I didn't intend to love.

Ugh. I knew it would come to this and I also knew it would come down to the dlc being short as well. I believe the dlc was playable at comic con which means it's dreadfully short. Sometimes I wish every open world dev thought like cd project red. If you're going to charge two thirds of the price of the game you might as well make it an expansion.